Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Steampunk House Week

I did not make a lot of progress this week.  My husband and I have been fighting some kind of bug and I've been having trouble getting off the couch some nights.  I did start thinking more about the inside of the house and I started planning out the bathroom.  The tower on the outside holds the shower for the bathroom.  There will be a sink in the aclove where the windows are.  I used a washtub I already had in my stash and started to make a faucet and handles from jewelry pieces.  Lots more work to do there-but I need to do some kind of treatment on the walls before I start to glue things in.  Right now the faucet and handles are just hanging there with a bit of masking tape :)

I also started the floor for the living/kitchen area of the house and I bought a tin can couch for the living room area.  It's a bit out of scale- but I love the way it looks so much I'm going to work with it.  The swinging saloon doors lead to the cab where the resident would drive the house around.
Work is still slowly progressing on my real life craft room too.  I saw this idea on pinterest and decided to use it in my room.  My husband drilled cookie sheets to the underside of my top shelf and I glued magnets to small bottles.  Now my glitter and other powders are hanging underneath the shelf and I have gained two drawers for other storage!  I love it!
I'll see you next week with some progress on The Candy House. 


20 comments:

AM said...

HI Kim, WISHING YOU WELL!!! What a great solution for all those jars and who doesn't want to gain two empt drawers! Hope your feeling beter soon! gr. AM

Drora's minimundo said...

Hello Kim, I wish you an d your husband a quick and complete recovery. I love the jars' space.
I also love the tin sofa which is
very beautiful.
Hugs, Drora

Ascension said...

Kim, me encantan tus progresos.
Muy buena idea lo de la tina, queda perfecta.
besitos ascension

kibbygirl said...

love that storage idea! gotta love Pintrest :) feel better soon

Wyrna Christensen said...

You are very creative and inventive. I have not cleared my workspace. I try me all the time with new structures, but it does not seem right. A speedy recovery for both of you.

Hugs
Wyrna

Lucille said...

Hi Kim! Sorry to hear you and your husband are not feeling well. I hope you will soon be recovered! I love your little sofa! I also love your idea of putting the sink in the window and using a tub. You always have such great ideas!

Donna Humphries said...

Hi Kim. Love the wash space and that sofa! x

Vicky Lovejoy said...

Wow, it's looking amazing Kim!! I hope that you and your hubby will start to feel better soon. Sending love and hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

Steinworks said...

sorry to hear that you dont feel well I hope you feel better soon :)

Love
marisa

Plushpussycat said...

Hi Kim! Your blog is so bright and cheery--really nice. The jar storage idea is fantastic! Don't you love getting organized? Something about organizing gets my creative juices flowing. Hope you feel better soon. xo Jennifer

Sans! said...

That's a great storage idea! :) I am always so moved by the joint effort you and your hubby make for your craft :).

Rosethé said...

vous êtes, Kim, très créative ! Le lavabo, les robinets sont originaux, j'aime aussi la façon de mettre les petits pots dans la cuisine.
rosethé-Minima

PILAR6373 said...

Espero que pronto os encontréis mejor!!!!
Los progresos avanzan muy bien,y la idea de los tarros es magnífica!!!!
Besos.

Ilona said...

Hello Kim, I wish your husband and you a quick recovery!
I love that wash space, great find for your Steampunk House. The progress you've made so far is great!
I love that storage idea, it is great, never seen before!
Hugs, Ilona

Giac said...

Hello Kim,
I hope you will both be better soon. I love your ideas or the bathroom. The fixtures are very clever. As for the sofa it does not look too out of scale in the picture. it is a gorgeous piece.
Big hug,
Giac

ShellbyFay said...

Hi Kim!!

Hope you and hubby are feeling better soon!!
The tap and forcet over the sink looks brilliant, brilliant idea to use jewellery pieces.

Great storage idea too - just make sure you screw those lids on tight :o

Looking forward to more progress :)

17-17 said...

Hello Kim, I hope you feel better soon...
Your blog is sooo lovely! I really like fantastic minis!
warm hugs
Magda

ittybittyandpretty said...

you are so clever!! love your work kym. love pinterest too....
hope you are feeling better soon. xxxrosey

Wendy Luane Barber said...

OMG! I love how it's coming together. The shower is so cool and I love the wash tub sink. I hope you and your husband are doing better. I had something that seemed to linger on forever once I started to feel better. I don't know when I'll start my SP house.

Lindsey Domer said...

Your storage solution is genius!!! I need to do that for my spices in my kitchen to free up cabinet and countertop space. :)

toddlindsey.com