Monday, January 28, 2013

Candy House Week

This week in my free time I worked on The Candy House.  I finally finished the gardens under the windows in the front.  It felt really good to finish them- I never imagined how many little green leaves I would end up needing!
I also started working on a birdbath for the front yard of the house.  My friend Katie from Katie's Clay Corner sent me a couple of board game pieces from the game Candyland.  I used one of them for a sign on the bakery dollhouse and I saved the other piece to use on this house.  I'm in the middle of this project- eventually the entire birdbath will be gray concrete and I'm going to try and fill the bowl with resin to look like water.  It is a little out of scale, but other things in this house are too because it is made for a small doll that a friend gave to me named Amelie. 
I painted and installed the missing trim in the inside of the house and finished grouting the kitchen floor and wall.  The wallpaper is bubbling in the playroom but thankfully a big cupboard goes on that wall so I'm not going to worry about it.
Now I'm ready to finish up the inside of the house.  I started with the bedroom.  I had a few pieces for that room that I needed to paint so that rounded out my projects for the week.  I painted a couple of hat boxes, the inside of a cupboard I had started long ago, a couple of clogs that were sent to me by my sweet friend Dani and  a cradle that holds Amelie's favorite doll.  The pillow in the cradle was made by Kat from Little Thoughts From an Average Mind.  The stitching is perfect.


Here they all are in the house
I'll see you next week with what I manage to get done on The Steampunk House :)





20 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

What a fun project, Kim! I can't wait to see more about this. Love the whimsical quality--so playful and fun! xo Jennifer

kibbygirl said...

looks great Kim!

Rosethé said...

une délicieuse façade "bonbon". Jolies fleurs et mignonne fontaine.
La déco intérieure, acidulée est toute aussi savoureuse ...
rosethé

Wyrna Christensen said...

What a fantastic riot of colors. It is so amazing wonderful to look at and give so much joy and smile. I enjoy so much your outdoor scene. Very nice. I look forward to seeing more.

Hugs
Wyrna

PILAR6373 said...

Que alegre y colorido has puesto el jardín,me gusta mucho!!!
Besos.

Kim said...

Thank you everyone :) this is my favorite house in all of my dollhouses :)

AM said...

Hi Kim, it looks amazing, colorfull, fresh, vibrant. The outside looks as sweet as candy. gr. AM

Eileen Bergen said...

The cupcake bird house is beyond clever. What a magical touch!

Your house are so much fun to "tour", Kim.

Kim said...

Thank you AM and Eileen! I am in a mad push to start finishing them up and I am starting with the Steampunk house and the Candy house. I wish I did not have to work and could just spend all my time crafting!

Maria Ireland said...

I love the outside of your house its so happy. The birdhouse is wonderful. I love the bedroom. Its very pretty. Fantastic work Kim.
Hugs Maria

Donna Humphries said...

Wow. Amazing, this is all so magical. x

Kim said...

thank you Donna and Maria :)

Steinworks said...

oh my..you have some fun projects going on here..thank you for sharing the cute candy house I hope to see it finished it made me smile :)

thanks again
Marisa :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow! I love the little cottage and the clogs and hat box. The flowers are wonderful. It's such a happy little place.

Lucille said...

Hi Kim! I love that lilac wall in the upstairs room! The exterior of that little house always makes me hungry for candy!

PAKY said...

I love your candy house progress,especially the mailbox, I love it! both dollhouses, the candy house and steampunk house, are very original. Hugs.

PAKY said...

Sorry, it's not a mailbox, it's a bird house! It's an original idea making a bird house like a cupcake!! Sorry for this mistake! hugs

Ilona said...

Kim, you have done a lot of work, can't wait to see more of the progress.
Yes, gardens needs a lot of leaves to show the plants beautiful :DI know ;)!
It is a real CANDY HOUSE!!
Hugs, Ilona

Kim said...

thank you Marissa ♥ hugs!

thanks Wendy- I think I'm starting to get on a roll now. Steampunk ideas have been brewing ;)

Lucille- what a lovely compliment!!! Thank you :)

Paky-you made me giggle. Now I am wondering if I should make a mailbox! Thank you for the idea!! ♥

Ilona--my silly flowers do not hold a candle to your beautiful creations- but I know you can understand the feeling of never finishing leaves! Hugs to you too♥

Ahmedabad Flowers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.