Wednesday, October 3, 2012

fall is here, winter is coming

Fall is here.  The temps are cooler-- especially at night-- and all the leaves are falling. My head turns to thoughts of indoor projects and more time for crafting.  I thought I would try my hardest to blog at least once a week for awhile and see how it goes.
  What have I been up to this week?  Well- for one thing- I have already raked up these leaves once and it seems I need to do it again!!  We are blessed to have a lot of trees in our backyard-but holy cow does that mean a lot of leaves in the fall.  I planted over 60 daffodil bulbs back here this fall -I'm really anxious to see if they come up next spring!
I've   been spending a lot of time with Miko.  Miko hurt his leg last week and it really freaked me out.  I was sure he was going to need surgery and thought of all the worse case scenarios, but after a trip to the vet and some medicine for his pain he is good as new again.  My hubby says he is a big baby dog and I need to remember how spoiled he is when he hurts himself.  In other words- don't freak out so bad next time :)
In the crafting world I have been jumping around from project to project.  I've worked a bit on my Christmas ornaments I mail out and some necklaces that will be gifts.

I did some more work on the closet and little bedroom I was making for my new Blythe doll Susie Mae.
A little bit of work on the Marie Antionette doll.  I added lace to all the tables that will be filled with sweets and I started trying to make Marie a wig.
Last, I finished adding the cardboard siding to the old fisher price dollhouse and started painting it blue.  I think I like the color, but I stopped to live with it for a few days and see how I felt for sure.
So, that's where I'm at.  I really want to get back to my blogging habit- so I'll see you next week with another report on what's new.  Have a great week!






20 comments:

Piikko said...

Hi Kim! The fall is here too. We still have the most of the leaves on trees but when they start dropping I will take a lawn mower and drive on leaves. It is a good nutrition to the ground. Maybe I am a bit lazy too. ;DDD -See you and your new project next week!

Kim said...

Hi Pikko!!! Nice to hear from you! I never thought about the lawn mower- you are correct-it would be excellent nutrition for the lawn! Thank you for your tip :) Happy Fall to you!!!!

Katie said...

LMAO... you're suppose to rake? I thought it was normal to run them over with the lawn mower, hehehe... And Kim!! Don't forget-you've got gold out there! .....acorns:)

Happy Fall Kim! I think this is one of my favorite times of year:)

Kim said...

Katie- I'll have to look and see if the squirrels have left me any acorns. If I have some still do you want me to send you some? Fall is my favorite time of year too- I love when the air gets that little briskness to it and all the colors :) Happy Fall to you too!!!!

Lucille said...

I'm so relieved to hear that Miko has recovered! It can be so painful to see our beloved pets suffering. Good luck with your daffodils. I hope they all bloom. It sounds like a huge job to have planted all those bulbs but I think you enjoy gardening so it must make the task easier.

You have a few projects on the go. It will be fun to see the finished product. Nice to see you in blogland. Missed you!

Kim said...

Lucille! I am so happy to hear from you- I hope you are doing well. I have missed you too :) I am excited to see those daffodils next year- but so many things to do between now and then- so I guess I'll settle down and be patient-lol. Miko sends you dog kisses:)

Steinworks said...

sorry to hear about Miko's leg, my Dog Lady is angry with me today because I showed attention to Honey instead of her. they can be big babies can't they

Love
Marisa :)

Kim said...

Marissa! Thank you for coming by! Miko says thank you for the sympathy also- he loves attention you know :) My pommy is very very spoiled, so yes...he can be a huge baby :) Hope you are having a wonderful fall!! Hugs!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow! You have been at it! Yay Kim! Miko is so fluffy and cute. Glad he's feeling better. I'm still waiting for fall. It's still muggy and warm down here. Love, love your ornaments and necklaces. Your table looks so cool! Love the Blythe closet and the dollhouse.

Kim said...

Wendy- I still feel like I'm getting nothing done :) I'm keeping at it though. Miko says thank you- he loves when girls think he's cute :) Fall is here in Minnesota with a vengeance-only in the 30's this morning! Have a creative weekend my friend!!

dalesdreams said...

It's good to be busy! I bet the daffodils will be fab and am so glad that Miko is okay.

Is that a new Blythe or a vintage one?

Ascension said...

Hola Kim
Has estado muy trabajadora.
Limpiar las hojas de tu gran jardin es mucho trabajo, espero que lo que has plantado esta primavera brote precioso.
Me encantan los trabajos de minis que has ido haciendo.
besitos ascension

Unusual Girl Studios said...

Ok, this probably sounds terrible but of all the things to comment on- I want to see the candy in tables! Marie's house is going to be cool!

Kim said...

Dale- my Blythe is a custom new doll- she is a Love Mission Blythe customized by an artist named Lawdeda. I would normally never have bid because I don't know enough about Blythe dolls, but I recognized the seller so figured I was safe. I am in LOVE with her :)

Kim said...

Ascension- thank you for your sweet comment. Hopefully in April I will be sharing pictures of those daffodils! hugs!!!!

Kim said...

Chris---I am kind of excited about Marie's tables of sweets too- but she won't have a house- just this one shelf :) I'm running out of room! I am jealous of your dress making talents--I have a vision of the dress I want Marie to have and really no idea where to start :)

Plushpussycat said...

Wow, Kim! You've accomplished so much--I'm impressed! I love all of those little dresses lined up and ready for your Blythe doll--how cute! xo Jennifer

Kim said...

awww-thank you Jennifer! It is so hard not to buy tons of little dresses for her! I need to learn to sew doll clothes :)

Maria Ireland said...

Great to see you back :) Miko is so cute glad to hear he is better. I love your dolls and all those little dresses.
Hugs Maria

Kim said...

thank you Maria :) Miko sends you puppy kisses :)