Thursday, October 11, 2012

Checking In :)

What have I been up to this week?  Jumping around from project to project and only getting a little done on each one :)  I have been progressing on the old Fisher Price dollhouse that belonged to my sister when she was young.  The house was in bad shape so I ripped down the walls that were there and I will be repainting and wallpapering.  Here is a before shot
 This is where I am at right now
More painting on Christmas ornaments.  I'm hoping to have them done by the middle of November- I paint over 50 of them so they  take a little time.
With the advice of some great friends I tried making curls out of wool roving for the wig on my Marie Antoinette doll.  I wrapped the roving around bamboo skewers and then dipped them in hot water and laid them on a paper towel to dry.  When they were completely dry I sprayed them liberally with hair spray and let that dry.  I've only had time to add one curl to the wig, but I think it is going to work really well.

I ordered a little sign from my friend Katie's etsy shop Katie's Clay Corner and she sent me some extra goodies.  Among them was a couple of CandyLand game pieces.  I saved one to use for The Candy House dollhouse-but my hubby said I should make the other one into some sort of sign for my bakery dollhouse and I thought that was a great idea.  He cut the little man off his base for me and we made an hours sign for the bakery.  I think it turned out so cute- that man has great ideas!

I finished the bedspread and pillow for the little bed in Blythe Susie Mae's room and I am thinking of gluing this shelf in the picture to the wall.  The jar is there to hold it up while I decide whether or not to glue it permanently. 
Last- this next project was my favorite thing I worked on this week.  A really good friend of mine turned 50 years old this year.  She is a fun and vibrant person and I wanted to make her a special birthday crown to wear on her special day.  I started with a chipboard frame and added painting, paper flowers, candles and lots of rhinestones.  She loved it and I'm so thrilled I made her birthday a little more special.  Sorry about the poor pictures- I forgot to take some until I already had it tied up to the package and I took these with my I-pod :) 




See you next week!!!!




17 comments:

Lirael said...

Your christmas ornaments made me think of the one you sent me. You really are great at making those! I still love it and it is definately going up this holiday season :)

Kim said...

aww-thank you Lea♥ I love that people use them at the holidays- makes the work all worth it :) Hope you are doing well!!!

Lucille said...

I love your Christmas ornaments. The wig on the Marie-Antoinette doll is so nice. It will be lovely when the curls are all glued on. I like the little bedspread you made. Great idea to put that tiny gingerbread figure on the facade of the bakery. You've been so busy. I've been busy too but doing a huge fall cleaning.

Kim said...

Thank you Lucille:) I'm actually working on the Marie wig tonight in between laundry loads. It feels good to be creative again. Good luck with your cleaning....it always feels good to get stuff cleaned up, doesn't it? Indoor or outdoors or both?

Minnie Kitchen said...

Kim, everything looks lovely! Can't wait to see more, and you're lucky to have a smart husband!

Kim said...

oh- thank you so much! I am lucky that my husband likes minis too- he comes up with a lot of good ideas I would never have thought of :)

Piikko said...

Kim, your wig to Marie Antoinette looks SO good! I also have a kind of 'Antoinette'-project going on...
I already have one cheep for it! ;D
-I love to hear that you are making your minis between your house works! I think that this is something what we all do all over the world. :D
Have a lovely weekend!

Kim said...

Pikko- so lovely to hear from you! I am curious about your project :) Thank you for your sweet compliment. I am happy to be back to creating again :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend too- is it cold where you live? We are getting colder- but it warms up a bit in the afternoon :)

dalesdreams said...

I love what you are able to accomplish with the dollhouse. :)

So glad you were able to find help with your wigging! And you didn't wig out! lol ;)

You are such a good friend, I am sure she was very pleased. :)

Doreen said...

Wow Kim you are getting back to miniatures with a bang. It is so nice to see you back and also blogging again. I am just like you and I also had a hard time coming in from the garden and getting back to miniatures and blogging. (I just dug up my dahlias this morning.) I love your Marie Antoinette doll and the wig is going to be fantastic. I also love the Blythe doll. What scale is she? Between you new dolls and the dollhouses you are renovating, you are going to be busy. You will inspire me to get moving too.

Kim said...

Dale- you should see the wig now- I can't wait to share this week :) It has been such a fun project!

Doreen- I am glad to be back blogging- I really do miss it when I'm away from it. We have been having some really chilly mornings but then nice afternoons- I imagine your weather is a little similar? My Blythe doll is 1/6 scale- she's very much like a Barbie except her head is oversized. I want to try to learn to sew her some clothes this winter :) I do not like the cold of winter- but I do enjoy the time on indoor projects :)

hugs to you both!!!!

Cinderella Moments said...

Busy, busy, busy! The crown is so special and terrific! Both my sisters wear crowns on their birthdays.
The gingerbread man is totally perfect. It just says it all!
Marie Antoinette is going to look extravagant and gorgeous with all those curls!
Good luck finishing all those ornaments and you dollhouse too.
hugs,
Caroline

Kim said...

Caroline- then you know exactly the type of person that my friend is- she loved the crown so much! I had such fun making it too- I used a Big Shot die cutting machine-have you seen them? I'm doing the roof of my Steampunk dollhouse with one of the dies-it's a handy little machine! I have been working on Marie- wait till you see the next wig check in :) Hugs back to you!!!!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Love how everything is turning out. The house is coming along quite well and I love the ornaments you're working on. The little gingerbread guy is adorable and I'm glad the curls are working out for you.

Heather Cutting-Rayl said...

Wow, and I thought I was busy! LOL! Thanks for stopping by my Blog! I hope you come back and follow the progress of the Ashley! Heather

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting Heather! I am excited to see what you do with the Ashley- what a beautiful house!

Ascension said...

Que preciosa te esta quedando la casita, me encantan todos esos adornos que estas haciendo.
Un fantastico trabajo.
besitos ascension