Thursday, July 26, 2012

Steampunk House Progress

Progress still goes very slow on the Steampunk House.  I did add the very cool piece of pipe that Kathi from http://beautifulminiblessings.blogspot.com/ sent me  to the side of the tower that the shower is in.  I think it looks really cool- thank you again Kathi!
I'm getting close to being finished with the siding and I added some steampunk machinery to the front of one of the steampipes that will be above the cab.  I still need to add stairs down to the cab from the balcony, add a ladder going up the side of the house to the reading nook, finish the roof tiling, glue the cab to the front of the house, add wheels and lots and lots of aging.  Here's some more progress pictures:




12 comments:

Ara said...

Looks amazing Kim! Love the pipes in that last photo!!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow! I am so impressed. It's looking good.

Kim said...

Thank you Ara and Wendy!! It's still not looking completely like the picture in my head, but it is getting closer and less scary to work on :) I can't wait to start the inside!! Patience Kim...Patience :)

Ascension said...

Pero que fantastica te esta quedando, estoy impaciente por verla terminada, va a quedar genial.
besitos ascension

Kim said...

thank you sweet Ascension. Me alegro que les guste mi steampunk casa que son tan dulces! Espero que lo están haciendo bien - besos a ti!

elvira said...

Bellissimo lavoro Kim!!!! Continua così!!! Aspetto il risultato finale!!!
Buon fine settimana
Baci
Elvira

Eliana said...

This is an extraordinary project! The house is getting fantastic. ;)
Hugs

Cinderella Moments said...

This is so different it's incredible! Looks so great. You are amazingly creative!
hugs,
Caroline

dalesdreams said...

This is so cool and fun, Kim! I don't think I have ever seen a steampunk dollhouse before. You can really go nuts with this theme! :)

Kathi said...

Love what you are doing with this!
So clever! :D The "pipe" looks great!

Venus Blues Hideaway said...

I love this!! Actually, I love just about everything "Steampunk". I have been doing some assemblage with the steampunk also. I have some pictures of what I call "The Steampunk Girls" on my blog.They are not nearly as grand as the project that you have undertaken. I have become a follower so that I can pop in often.

Faye

JFolk said...

WOW Kim! this sure is cool! Love steampunk!Great work!!!