Friday, July 6, 2012

Steampunk House Progress

An extra day off for the American Fourth of July holiday gave me some extra time for the dollhouse this week.  I managed to finish the siding on most of the front of the house:
I started to make the lift off roof for the book nook.  Here you can see it on the house:
Here you can see how it lifts off the house:
I started adding roof tiles made out of heavily painted cardstock:
I was even a little brave and tried some aging on one of the panels on the house.



  I think I need to add some rusty/orange colored paint and maybe even a touch of a green?  Maybe I need to have a glass of wine or two and then try the aging so I'm not such a chicken about it?  
I'm hoping to have some time to work on the house some more this weekend, but.....we've been having some really hot days, so if it does cool off like they say it will I may have to disappear into the garden instead :)  I think there are a million weeds that snuck in.

5 comments:

Lucille said...

Dear Kim, summer is so short that if you have nice weather, take advantage of it and spend time in your lovely garden. Your house is amazing!

elvira said...

Ciao..! Bello il colore delle pareti della casa ..! Buon lavoro ..!
Un bacio
Elvira

Jean Day said...

Oh wow!! It is coming along fabulously. Love your book nook idea. Wine sounds like a great idea too, LOL, I use Baileys. Mini Hugs, Jean

Ara said...

What a fun project!!! Love it! Aging things is one of my favorite parts... it helps hide all of my mistakes lol. Enjoy the process! hugs, ara

Parabolic Muse said...

This is groovy!! I think you did the aging really well. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

It's awfully hot. I don't even think our tomatoes like it!