Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Steampunk Dollhouse on Wheels

So, when I left off blogging I was starting to create a Steampunk inspired dollhouse on wheels.  I'm making very slow progress on it, but here are some pictures of where it is at right now.  I have added some pipes to the front of the building, as well as starting to panel the bottom half with wood grain and steel bars.  The balcony with the door on the second floor will have a staircase leading down to the covered wagon cab on the front of the house-which will be where the driver will sit.  I still need to work on the wheels for the house and I'm starting to think about what I might like to use for shingles on the roof- this was a hard house for me to get started on but I think inspiration is finally coming now :)


12 comments:

Jill said...

Wow!! This house is going to be amazing! It's going to be so fun to see this house evolve. The possibilities are limitless!
Hugs,
Jill

Eliana said...

I have a good feeling about this your project. The house will be wonderful! I look forward to track progress. ;)
Hugs

Lucille said...

Your new project promises to be so original. I'm looking forward to the new developments.

Laura said...

This is gorgeous Kim! I LOVE Steampunk. If I was umm.. 3 or 4 years younger (tee hee), I'd SO be wearing all those awesome clothes they have out!

I'm LOVING this dollhouse! Great job. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

De said...

This is very cool, Kim. I can't wait to see where you go with this one. :)

Ascension said...

Tu nuevo proyecto se ve de lo mas interesante, espero poder seguir los avances.
besitos ascension

Cinderella Moments said...

Super idea! I love the steampunk style. This is going to be good! I already love the way the pipes look.
hugs
Caroline

Katie said...

I love where you're going with this Kim!It's really neat:)

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

I really like it!!

Steinworks said...

it's coming along nicely and Casey is doing a tutorial on how to make 1:12 scale dolls you should check it out

http://caseymini.blogspot.com/search/label/dolls

Love
Marisa

Kim said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments- and thank you Marissa for the link :) This house is going slowly- but at least it's finally moving along :)

Parabolic Muse said...

Come ON!! This is fantastic. What a great idea! I may steal this.
(the idea, I mean)