Monday, June 25, 2012

Progress on the Steampunk Dollhouse

The sun is finally shining again!! I was able to take a few pictures of the very slow progress on the steampunk house. I saved a tip I saw Casey from http://caseymini.blogspot.com/ on siding for the dollhouse and I thought I would try it out here. I am using the cardboard tacking strip for upholstery- and I think it's turning out pretty decent. Here you can see some progress up close:


In the picture you can see on the side wall the bare cardboard.  I painted a bit of it blue to see how it would look when painted.  I think I like it!  Here's a long view:

I also used leading strips and gallery glass paint for a stained glass window in the bathroom.  I wish this photographed better- I really like how it turned out.


This house is moving along sooooo slowly-but at least it's finally moving along :)

12 comments:

Lucille said...

The house is moving in the right direction, Kim, and it looks great!

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

Yes, I like it I think it looks really good.

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

I Love it Kim!

You are working fast compared to me LOL.

Hugs,
Victoria

Sans! said...

Kim, you are just amazing! Starting on a new house with a new concept! :)

By the way, what are those windows behind the house? They are incredibly pretty!

Ascension said...

Va preciosa, me encantan los progresos que estas haciendo.
besitos ascension

Mandy said...

Wow that is cool! So good to see you are still creating Kim! I know I've been off and on for a long while, but it is good to see that you are still blogging on!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Oh my goodness Kim! That's great. I had to read the part about the upholstery cardboard but it looks like it's working. Where did you get it from? I have to remember that. Love the stain glass window too. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Kim said...

Thank you everyone for your comments- it spurs me on to keep working :) Sans- those are mosiacs I made-I'm so proud of them because they took me a very long time to make. Would you like to see them closer? I could email you a picture or do a blog post for you :)

Lucille, Kathy, Victoria, Ascension...thank you for coming by and encouraging me- you ladies are awesome!!

Ascension- thank you-hugs and kisses to you also ♥

Mandy!!! I am so happy to see you- I have been away from blogging and barely returning also. I hope you are well and having a wonderful summer!

Wendy-I bought this first roll of upholstery tack from amazon.com, but I think I may have overpaid and if I need more I'm going to search a little more. I just was in too much of a hurry to try it out :) I worked on the door window last night- I love it and can't wait to get it further along so I can share it!

elvira said...

Ciao!! Bello il tuo progetto..!!Piacere di conoscerti ..ti inserisco nel miei blog preferiti ..se ti va possiamo diventare amiche ..
un bacio dalla sicilia
elvira

Sans! said...

Write a post about your mini mosaic work, Kim. I am sure everyone wants to read about it :)

Steinworks said...

well ya know what they say, slow and steady wins the race.


keep up the good work :)

Kathi said...

May I interrupt your work by letting you know that YOU have WON my little coffee shop kit give-a-way?! :D

Congratulations Kim! Please email me your address and I will send it out to you right away.

Blessings,
Kathi