Friday, January 6, 2012

What I've been Working On

It's kind of strange- but I've had to take a break from blogging for so long that it feels awkward figuring out how to start up again.  So, until I get back into the groove- I thought I may show you what I've been working on.  I'm signed up for the Lifebook course at Willowing.ning.com.  It's a year long mixed media course learning to celebrate and honour ourself.  Our first lesson had to with celebrating the good qualities that make us wonderful.  This is my first page- I struggled a lot with it.  I really need to get past the fear I have of messing up and play with the supplies more.  I can feel myself holding back when I'm actually working on the piece and I haven't been able to get past that yet.  I don't know if it is the cost of the paper and materials ??  Anyhow- I may come back to her later after I've learned more and I hopefully get braver.

I've also been doing a little bit of miniature work.  I've decided that I need to finish up all of the works in progress before I am allowed to start a new project- and I have a really fun new project planned.  I pulled out the half finished tea room room box and the sun room box and I started working on finishing up the brick work on both pieces.  I used paper egg cartons on both boxes and then I paint the bricks after the grouting.  Still quite a ways to go-but it's a start.

Last........I'm still not giving up on trying to learn to crochet.  I've practiced and practiced my single crochet and now I've been practicing my double crochet.  As you can see- I have some more practicing to do- but I think I might actually be starting to understand where I am doing things wrong and how to correct it.  Little more practice and then I'll move on to the next stitch.  I'm going to have a lot of little scrubbing rags before I am a crochet master :)

12 comments:

rosanna said...

Welcome back Kim, it's a pleasure to see you again. Best wishes, Rosanna

FabShabbyRoses said...

I love the projects you're working on Kim! Can't wait to see them as you progress with them! I absolutely love to crochet and if there is anything I can do to help please hollar! I'll help if I can! Keep up the practise and very soon it will be easy peasy! You won't even remember being a beginner! Carolyn

Laura said...

I love the picture! Is it just me or, are you looking a bit Farrah Faucet(ish) in it? Must be the hair. :P

I used to crochet a lot. I'd need to relearn as well if I was going to make anything good. It's a fun hobby though and the work goes quickly.

Nice to see you back sweet thing!

((Hugs))
Laura

Ara said...

You're brick looks awesome! Love it! I tried to learn to crochet once and nothing ever turned out the right shape and I gave up lol. Yours looks great! -ara

joy said...

Welcome back Kim ♥ It's lovely to see you. All you crafts are lovely. I'm at the same stage on learning to tat as you are with your crocheting. Good luck xxxxx

Ascension said...

Me encanta verte de nuevo y con nuevos proyectos.
besitos ascension

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

I love your picture! And keep crochet.

Lucille said...

Kim, I so very much love your paintings. They are so unique. You just seem to have that special touch that gives them a certain quality that is so special. As for your bricks, they are perfect. And your crochet, just keep on with it and you'll get there. There's plenty of help out there on You Tube both for learning to knit and crochet. I don't crochet myself but these days I am into mini knitting. I'm doing a little guy. I found it very hard at first but it seems to be getting easier.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Love your Life Book project and I can't wait to see what you do next. So glad you're getting back to your minis. I do have a mini project on my docket and will start gathering supplies in Feb. Also glad you're getting back to being creative. Thanks for sharing your work.

Sans! said...

No problem getting back , really . It was as if you never left :).

Just keep sharing what you do, Kim. I always love seeing and reading about your work.

Kimmi Lou Miniatures said...

What talent you have! I love the painting(s) I looked further back on your blog! I wish I could help you with your crochet questions, but I have no skill in anything that involves thread or needles....lol Mini Blessings, Kim

Cinderella Moments said...

I love your painting. She looks great. The brick thing is endless right?! Crochet is fun. I only do simple stuff. But it's a way to keep those fingers busy.
xoxo
Caroline