Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I finished the crocheted cozy!

I ripped out and restarted this simple little crocheted phone cozy about a million times- but with the help of very generous people I think I might finally have the hang of the double crochet.  I think I am ready to learn the next stitch!!!  Here is the finished project:
Here is the strip of double crochet before I doubled it over and made the cozy- I think the edges look a lot straighter now.  I ripped this apart and started over for about a week before I finally got the hang of it.

I'm so thankful for all the suggestions and help I received on this.  Blogging friends are the greatest ♥  I've also worked just a tiny bit on my owl art doll- he has the beginnings of some tail feathers now :)  Hope you are having a creative week too!

13 comments:

Laura said...

It's so cute! I love it! :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

Thanks Laura--sending you a million hugs back ♥

Claudia said...

Yay! You did it!

xo
Claudia

Lucille said...

It's very nice, Kim. Your patience paid off! Good for you!

Maria Ireland said...

Well done it looks great. I love your owl.
Hugs Maria

Ascension said...

Buen trabajo Kim, se ve fantastico.
besitos ascension

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

Beautiful!! Congratulations!!

Cinderella Moments said...

That owl is so friendly looking. I think it's going to be very cute. The cozy is perfect. And now you are a pro!
hugs
Caroline

Plushpussycat said...

I'm loving your blog, Kim. The mixture of plush characters and miniatures is a perfect combo for a blog in my book! ;-) I'm so glad I found your blog today! :-) Jennifer

ShellbyFay said...

Your phone cover is adorable! I absolutely love it :D I hope I can learn to crochet one day, I'd love one for myself!

And your owl looks fabulous!

Zlatica said...

Kim, I love your owl. Perfect!!!
And your crocheting is super, as well. I also want to make some crocheted sweater for my blythe doll. But I´m a total beginner...
I´m happy you found the quote on my blog helpful. Love.

Tralasong said...

Sister BoDer - that owl is the CUTEST! xoDi

dale's dreams said...

Your phone cosy came out great!

I wish I could have been more of a help, but my knowledge of crochet is so limited! So glad you got the help you needed. :)