Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Be-lated Merry Christmas to all my friends!  I can't quite believe it's been over a month since I have blogged.  2011 was a busy and exciting year for me- but with the excitement and fortune of our branch at work growing, my personal life suffered a bit.  I have missed blogging- but what better time to try to restart again than on the eve of a new year?!!  I'm full of excitement for 2012.  I am already contemplating goals and making lists of things I want to get done this year.  I want to finish organizing and decorating my craft room this year- spend less time cleaning in there and more time creating.  I want to get back to my art journal this year- I have not touched my journal in months-it's been neglected right along with my blog-and I have lots of mini projects swimming around in my brain.  I have so many things I want to work on in 2012 and that I want to accomplish.  I think that is my favorite part of a New Year- the excitement you feel for what's to come and the plans to make.  I've seen a few bloggers in years past choose a word for the year that symbolizes what they want 2012 to be about for them.  My word would be "reconnect".  I would like to reconnect with being creative, with visiting friends, with blogging and with taking care of myself.  Do you choose a word for the year?  Would you like to share yours with me- I'd love to hear it! Before I go-- Miko the Pomeranian says hello- he's missed you all too :)

18 comments:

dale's dreams said...

Precious Miko, he's such a doll. :)

Hears to reconnecting!

I think my word would be grow. :)

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas, Kim. :)

Chelle said...

"Reconnect" sounds like a good enough word to me ♥ Here's to 2012 and plenty of miniing!!

Sans! said...

Good to see you reconnect, Kim! :)

Marilyn said...

My 2011 word was simplify and I plan to keep it and add HONOR for 2012.

De said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Kim!

Laura said...

SO GLAD that you are back. :)
I love that little Miko-he looks so much like my Cheech. :)

I want to "lose" this year.
Weight, fears, inhibitions...
All that crap. :P

((Hugs))
Laura

PAKY said...

Merry Christmas Kim! I wish you a great new year for you!! a big hug

Paqui

LivesArt said...

Hello and Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

Dale- I love your word :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too-and Miko says thank you!!

Chelle- good to see you- hope your holidays have been wonderful :)

Sans- I have missed you!! Thank you for always sticking around :)

Marilyn- what a wonderful word! I love hearing what word others have chosen- thank you :)

De- I hope your holidays are going wonderful also- I've missed your blog too :)

Laura- excellent word!! I love it- and of course Miko says thank you :) You know I still want to kidnap Cheech, right?

Paky- holiday greetings and a big hug back to you!!!

Ascension said...

Feliz Año Nuevo!!
besitos ascension

Lucille said...

Hi Kim. Welcome back. I just saw you on Claudia's blog and I was so pleasantly surprised! I don't have a word. I make changes when I feel they're needed. I do the best I can with the time that I have and what I can't do today, I simply finish off the day after or whatever. I'm just happy to be alive. I don't make resolutions anymore. I hope you have a wonderful New Year. Please give a hug to Miko for me. He's just so adorable!

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Hugs to you and Miko!

Happy New Year Kim :)

Victoria

Zlatica said...

Happy New Year, dear Kim!

Chelle said...

Happy New Year.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Happy New Year my friend. Reconnect sounds good. I haven't thought about an actual word for the whole year but I have titled myself 'the Juggernaut that is Wendy'. I want to be a creative tornado. I can't wait to see your projects come to be. Cheers!

Lucille said...

Hi again Kim. I did not have a word when I wrote my previous comment. But last night while reading a blog, the lady said her word for 2012 was serenity. And, suddenly, the word peace came into my mind and I just knew that peace would be my word. To be at peace with everything and everyone in spite of everything.

Kim said...

Ascension- so good to see you-hope to catch up with you soon! Holiday greetings to you- hugs!!

Lucille- I see you found a word and it's a wonderful one! I hope that 2012 brings you lots of peace- if we all choose that word for the year what a difference it would make ♥ I've missed you Lucille-thank you for keeping up with me :)

Victoria- huge hugs and Happy new Years to you also ♥

Zlatica- I have missed you also! I hope your days are busy and filled with art and laughter!! Happy New Year to you!!

Wendy- The Juggernaut! I LOVE it!!!! I hope you post a lot because I am struggling to get back at it and you always inspire me :) Happy New Year!!!

Cinderella Moments said...

Miko looks great! Gorgeous coat too!
I'm so glad you're back. And I love your excitement. I don't have a theme word for the year. I'll think of it before the year ends. LOL! Happy New Year!
xoxo
Caroline