Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reality Shot Thursday



Claudia from the blog Mockingbird Cottage has created Reality Shot Thursday- a day where we share photos that are not staged or pretty and wouldn't normally be on our blogs- a slice of our everyday life.  I love this idea and I wanted to participate this thursday. 

This picture is the corner of my dining room.  It's the first room you enter in the house when you come in off the porch.  It's also where we tend to take off our coats and the dog's leash.  The floors need to be vacuumed and dog toys put back in the basket.  The floors need to be swept too :)  On the hutch in the corner is some amber glassware, pumpkin serving dishes and wheat patterned dinnerware.

  The trim in this room and almost all the others needs finishing.  It might not get done in my lifetime unless I learn how to do it because my hubby hates the job.  This corner is a bit what my entire house looks like right now--a touch worn and "lived in".  Maybe I'll clean at least this little corner up after I post this blog entry. 




I'm linking up to the Reality Shot Thursday with Claudia from Mockingbird Cottage

16 comments:

dale's dreams said...

Kim, your house looks very cozy and comfortable. :)

Laura said...

It does look so cozy! I love it. And I remember that grandfather clock! Wasn't that a project awhile back???

((Hugs))
Laura
P.S. Love the reality shot idea! Maybe I'll participate sometime. :)

Carol said...

I have that coat collecting chair in my home, too!

Linda Carole Bloom said...

That corner looks so cozy and cheerful, love the old dresser.

beyondbaffled said...

I love the "Reality Shot" idea. And I agree with what has already been said - your little corner does look cozy! :)

Claudia said...

It may be cluttered but it sure is a cozy, pretty corner, Kim. We have our share of leashes scattered around our house, as well. Thanks so much for joining in this week.

Love the flowers - gorgeous.

xo
Claudia

The Boston Lady said...

Kim, your home looks warm and inviting and hey, what a couple of leashes and jackets? Ann

Lucille said...

This little corner says "Home Sweet Home". That is a lovely floral arrangement!

A Vintage Green said...

Isn't it amazing how much we can get in one small area. -Joy

TinaTx said...

Yep - the flat surface closest to the door is where stuff lands! Yours looks pretty good to me!

Maria Ireland said...

It sure is a lovely cozy corner. I love the flowers.
Hugs Maria

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

There’s no place like home!

Ascension said...

Un precioso rincon muy acogedor..."hogar...dulce hogar".
besitos ascension

Unusual Girl Studios said...

ooh! If I had a minute I would do my bathroom for the reality shot! Halfway torn up floor....black and white check linoleum...yucky laminate c-top! Oh its bad.....and everyone needs to see that interior designers live in real houses, too!

PonderandStitch said...

What a cozy corner! My 'unstaged' photo would be totally scary..I'm sure of it! lol

Hope you are well, Kim!

Papillon Bleu said...

I hope one day I will have the chance to throw my coat on the little sofa there.

It is warm and welcoming! Don't change a thing.

Lots of love my sweet Kim.
xxxxxx