Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Projects in Progress

I have been slowly easing back into crafting again. Here's what I have been working on in little pockets of 10 minutes here, maybe a half hour there. We'll start with the miniature sunroom. I built two shelves and attached them to the wall. Then I had the fun part of deciding which treasures I have been collecting to put on the shelves. A lot of these are made by the talented Katie from Katie's Clay Corner. You can find her etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Katiesclaycorner      There are 4 adorable birdhouses that Katie made and a line of small houses that spell out the word "grow".  There is a watering can and antique sprinkler that I purchased from a dollhouse store.  The little lavander plant I recieved in a swap and I apologize, but I cannot remember who gave it to me.  The beautiful wreath on the door is from Dale at Dale's Dreams.  You can find her etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/dalesdreams     I hope Dale does not mind- I took the purple bow off the wreath and I'm going to add a raffia bow instead.  I took 2 very cheap gardening tools that I bought at a craft store and antiqued them with acrylic paint and hung them on the wall.  That's as far as I progressed on the sunroom.



I've also been working on one of my unfinished projects- an owl.  I've started adding feathers to his body and sculpted his face a bit with paperclay.  I have a long way to go on the owl, but I think he is looking kind of cool so far. Here is his front and rear views:


Last- I signed up for an art course called LifeBook being held by Tam at http://willowing.ning.com/  .  With sign up you  could choose a self guided course to take also until LifeBook starts in 2012.  I chose a course called Mythical Magical Makings and the first lesson is painting a goddess in the style of the artist Gustav Klimt.  Here is where I am so far in the painting.  I call this the ugly stage- it's where I usually get discouraged-but if I push on it will get better :)  So....that's what I have been up to lately- I am looking forward to getting caught up with all of you.

17 comments:

Heather said...

Love your little sun room! Your other art projects are lovely too! Glad to see you back to blogging.

PAKY said...

I love to see your projects retakes! enjoy! I love the sun room, and the owl is great and lovely! Kisses and happy week!

Maria Ireland said...

I love your little sun room. Its fantastic. Your owl looks beautiful.
Hugs Maria

Laura said...

The sunroom is awesome! And so is your painting. Ugly stage my ass.... ;D

((Hugs))
Laura

FabShabbyRoses said...

Love to see your mini sunroom! It looks like a place I'd love to relax in the sun with a good book! Can't wait to see more!
Carolyn

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Your sunroom is looking so cute! I love the colors you are using on your owl :) Yay for the new monotor!

Hugs,
Victoria

Lataina said...

I love seeing this sunroom. From the start is was an automatic favorite! You might call it an ugly stage, but your painting is beautiful. I love the style! =)

Dlsarmywife said...

The Sunroon looks fantastic and very inviting! And that owl is looking too cute. And I wish I could draw and paint even HALF that good!!! If this is the 'ugly' phase, I simply cannot wait to see it when YOU think it looks good! :-)

Ascension said...

Me encanta ver que de nuevo tienes proyectos, te esta quedando fantastica.
besitos ascension

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

Your sun room is beautiful!

kibbygirl said...

That owl looks like it is going to be so cool! I've missed seeing your posts. I hope things are good with you. If you ever just want to rant drop me a line anytime :)

Cia of Briarwood Studio said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. :) As always.

Cia

beyondbaffled said...

I adore the shelves in the sunroom! :)

Lucille said...

Your porch is so interesting and I like how you organized the little shelves. I love your painting. I think you're so talented.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Love your little sun room. I wish I had a cute little room like that. And your owl looks very wise already. Thanks for showing your works in progress. Glad to see you back. <3

Sans! said...

Good to see you creating again. That sunroom is coming alongh so nicely. Who are you making the owl for , Kim?

And that ugly stage? Not ugly at all.

Unusual Girl Studios said...

Seriously? this is the stage where it looks ugly? I totally disagree! But push on because I'm waiting for the end result.