Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Sink for the Craft Room

I love my craft room, but it can be a bummer to run up and down the stairs all the time when I need running water.  My hubby came up with a make-shift sink for me and I love it!  Here is what he did:

We had this old sink on a metal stand that was out in the barn on our property.  My husband disconnected it, cleaned it up a little bit and dragged it up to my room.  Here's what the little sink looks like:
Hubby put a wood shelf in the middle of the stand.  We used an old ice chest as the container that will hold clean water for use and set that on the floor under the shelf.  Hubby put a pump for a pond into the ice chest and ran the hose up to the pipe that comes out of the faucet.

Then my hubby used a bucket under the pipe from the drain.  When I plug in the pump and open the faucet handle I now have running water!  It's not never ending- there is only as much water as the ice chest holds- but it's better than constantly running up and down stairs and I love it!  When I use up the water I just take out the bucket and empty the water and fill the ice chest back up.

I added a skirt in the same fabric as the chair in my craft room so that the bucket and ice chest is hidden and the sink looks a little prettier.  What do you think?  I thought hubby was pretty clever to come up with this :)

Before I go I'll give you a little shot of Miko cuteness.  He always thinks he needs to help me in the craft room :)   Look at the awesome Pommy smile.



18 comments:

De said...

That sink is great, Kim!

Lataina said...

It must be so awesome to have such a helpful and resourceful hubby! =)

Cinderella Moments said...

Miko is such a cutester! YYour hubby must love you tons to come up with ways to make your life easier. Lucky girl!
hugs,
Caroline

houseofduck said...

you two never cease to amaze me. Cool Idea!

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Great idea! I would love to have a sink in my studio. Miko is such a cutie :)

Hugs,
Victoria

Wendy Luane Barber said...

That is so cool. It must be great to have someone around to help you out with things like this. I love it.

Chelle said...

Love it, I've just had a sink fitted in my Workshop and it saves all the mess washing brushes in the kitchen.I keep the mess in my WS. LOL

Sans! said...

Oh Kim, this is a kurinji moment! You are lucky to have him :). I live the sink and the idea behind it and what you did to pretty it up.

Lovely post! This is what a good life is, Kim

PAKY said...

Is a great idea Kim!! I love Miko, is so nice!! hugs

Ascension said...

Una gran idea Kim!!!!
Miko es un precioso perrito.
besitos ascension

Claudia said...

What a smart idea! I will file that away - it's the perfect way to have water, but no plumbing hassles!

Miko is adorable.

xo
Claudia

Maria Ireland said...

Wonderful idea what a treasure of a hubby you have. Miko is gorgeous. Hugs Maria

Eileen Bergen said...

Ingenious, Kim. What a perfect solution where no plumbing is nearby.

Your craft room is just adorable.

Your hubby better be careful not to overdo all the improvements. He might never see you again!

Julia said...

What a clever idea!!!!! I could never get my husband to do something like that!!! Of course, he just isn't handy like that. He does cook my breakfast every morning and my dinner most nights!!! I've been away too long.
Your little Miko is so beautiful!!!

beyondbaffled said...

Oh Kim I love it! I am now adding running water to my list of things that I want in my dream craft room!

Lucille said...

I say that it's so nice to have a man around the house! They can be so useful sometimes! LOL! Your little Miko is looking so cute and like he's being a good boy and pausing for the camera. Love that skirt, by the way!

dale's dreams said...

Your hubby is so smart, Kim! What a fantastic idea!

Miko looks like a ball of fluff. :)

madlen2186 said...

This dog is so cute ;-) Beautiful ;-)!