Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An Inspired Ideas Project :)

I've been working a bit here and there on my craft room this summer.  A couple of weeks ago I received an email that the latest edition of the e-magazine " Inspired Ideas " was out (you can find this great e-mag here:  http://www.amy-powers.com/mag/summer2011subscribe.html ).  Have you read this e-mag?  It's put together by the talented Amy Powers (you can find her blog here:  http://inspireco.blogspot.com ) and it's fabulous!  I have purchased every one that she has produced and you can tell how much work and love go into each issue.  I have found at least 2 or more projects I want to try every time there is a new one.  In this issue there was an article called "Window Bijoux" written by Amy herself  that I knew would be perfect for my craft room.  I'm not giving you a tutorial since this is a project I paid for and I respect that.  Amy was sweet enough to allow you to show you my results though- in fact she was excited to see them too and I really love that about her.  Amy meant for these cute little beaded lovelies to hang in a window- but I pictured them hanging from the spokes of my garage sale lamp in the craft room.  I LOVE them!  They almost look like little jelly fish swimming below my light- every time I go upstairs to work in my room they are the first thing I look at.  Thank you Amy for a wonderful magazine that I look forward to each and every issue!!





I've also been painting polka dots all over the walls when I have little pockets of time.  I know this room is kind of crazy-but our farmhouse is really old and the room was in very bad shape- so to me that meant I had creative license to just go ahead and do whatever crazy thing I wanted to in here.  I've still got a lot of painting on those polka dots to do, but every time I go in this room and all this color envelopes me I feel so darn happy!


Here is another wall with polka dots started and a bunch of half finished projects all lined up.  Do you do that too or is it just me?  The more I clean up the more half started things I find.  I might end up spending my retirement years finishing craft projects :)


10 comments:

dale's dreams said...

What a cool thing to do on the chandelier, Kim. I love it! :)

I wish you could see my daughter's room, she's painted things all over the wall amid the posters and her artwork.

The dots make it fun and cosy and I would think, inspiring. :)

I used to have lots of UFO's (unfinished objects) but, I bagged them all to just focus on minis. I occasionally do the odd life size project, but, since I'm all over the place as a norm, focusing just on minis was good for me. ;)

Jill said...

I love your "chandy bijoux"! I also love that you create with abandon in your craft room-- polka dots and all! Your room has such a great "artsy" feel to it.
Hugs,
Jill

amy said...

Kim! I love them! They are so fun hung on your chandelier...what a fun little nest you've created for crafting. And I love that you painted polka dots all over...so cute!

Thank you for your kind words about the magazines. So glad you've enjoyed them!

Love,
Amy

Dani said...

Looks great sweet Kim !!!....good to see you busy again :), on the creative way :)....hope you doing fine sweety....miss you lots ...much love Dani xxx

Claudia said...

I love the chandelier! How pretty it is. And the polka dots are such a fine thing to add to your creative space. I think the very fact that it is your creative space gives you license to do anything to it!

xo
Claudia

Eileen Bergen said...

I loved getting a glimpse of your crafting space, Kim. The chandelier is wonderful. The polka dots are perky and I bet they really cheer your muse.

I've been taping ATC cards and doodles on my wall for similar effect.

I love Dale's phrase - UFOs for UnFinished Objects. I have lots of those and am recently making some progress through them.

I find it very hard to abandon something I started. So things tend to pile up. Glad to hear it's not just me ;-)

Angela said...

I love what you have done. I hadj to click on the pics to enlarge them and just stare. And do I have unfinished projects? ummmmmmmmm..try TONS of ones that need to be started, TONS that have been started but not complete...tons tons tons..you bet I will be busy when I retire girl..LOL

Lucille said...

You have a very cheerful craft room, Kim. I love what you did to the chandelier! It's so colourful! I enlarged the pics and some of those candy coloured beads look good enough to eat. Now I want some candies! LOL! Looks like you're in for a fun retirement!

Sans! said...

Don't you just love it when things are not perfect? An old and creaky room = creative crazy licence :).

I love your craft room. It is probably the most Willy Wonker craft room I have ever seen and I think it is stupendous!

How did you create that tent like roof, Kim? And by the way, that chandelier rocks!

Kim said...

Dale- I wish I could see your daughter's room too- I bet we would get along :)
Jill- I think you would love this e-mag- have you seen it? I think there are some back issues on there that were free if you want to check it out and see what it is like :)
Amy- thank you so much for your sweet words and your hard work on an amazing magazine- I look forward to each and every issue :)
Dani-xxxooo
Claudia-thank you :) It's very different from your craft space- isn't it funny how alike and different we all are. I adore your space too- but never seem to achieve that soft pretty look when I decorate :)
Eileen- you don't even want to know how many projects I can have going at the same time. I feel sorry for whomever has to clear out my home after I am gone.
Angela- you always make me smile and laugh girl- wish you lived closer to me :)
Lucille- thank you! Now only if I could retire 20 or so years early-lol! Ah well- can't complain because I have a good job while many others do not- so with a happy face back to work I go :)
Sans- that is the nice thing about an old house- no big deal to try something out because it wasn't great to start with-lol! The ceiling is lathe boards and plaster and it was cracking. After tearing out and redoing a couple of rooms in the house with the same stuff (it is a HUGE mess) we decided that instead of ripping the ceiling down we would repair it enough to make it safe and cover it. We took big huge sheets and stapled the fabric to the ceiling with a staple gun....you can do crazy things like that if you have a old and creaky room you see :)

Thanks everyone!!!