Wednesday, July 20, 2011

new life and busy life

So, I know it's been awhile since I have posted.  Life is challenging me this summer and I'm struggling to find a balance.  I am very fortunate because everything that is taking up my time is positive changes, but I feel so very sad lately because I have not had time to create any new minis, to sew, to paint, to simply create! Do you feel sad and restless when you can't create things and express yourself?  Anyways, imagine my surprise when I saw this the other morning:




One of my small banty chickens has been sitting on a nest of eggs and they have hatched.  How can I feel sad when I can visit these little guys each morning before work and again when I return home??  Are they not the cutest little minis ever?  There are seven of them!!  I think that I am going to take the advice of a sweet friend and make time for creating this weekend. I hope to be able to work on my Pay It Forward gifts and get them in the mail before the snow flies.  I also have a goal of finishing Pedro the doll's new outfit this weekend- even if we have to have peanut butter sandwiches for dinner Saturday and Sunday!  I hope to be back on Monday with pictures of Pedro in his fine new clothes :)  Hope your summer is going great too!

11 comments:

Julia said...

PAY IT FORWARD GIFTS!!!!! YIKES! I HAVEN'T DONE MINE EITHER!!!! HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT???
Okay, so I really hadn't forgotten to do them, I just haven't had time!!!! They are on my list, but not at the top!
I'm glad to see your post. I have been concerned. I'm glad you are having some positive things happening.
I haven't had the time to create what I've wanted to until just lately, so I know how you feel
Your little chicks are so very cute. You are right that it would be hard to be sad when viewing them and their little antics!
I hope you get some creativity going this weekend!

Mandy said...

Glad to see you posting Kim! Those chicks are so cute. When I was little, my brother won a chick after it had hatched in the kindergarden incubator. LOL, he named the little chick Tiger! Still makes me laugh!

Cate and David said...

You've got chickens! Oh I long for chickens! Summer has knocked my feet out from under me too...I just keep thinking that to everything there is a season and this too will pass. :)

Piikko said...

Oh, how cute little chicken babies♥
Last summer and summer before that my mother had two chickens and a rooster at the cottage. They were very social ones and they followed my mother everywhere. Once they even came inside to house after us:))
Summer greetings, piikko

Laura said...

Well, the only creative thing that I do is bake and I feel a lot lighter when I DON'T do that. :O
But, I know what you mean. It's something that you love doing and when you can't, it is difficult.

I love your new baby chicks! It takes me back to when I was a kid. My parents had a hobby farm and we kept chickens, goats and sheep.
Enjoy them. Pretty soon they'll be big and ugly-just like the rest of us. :) (except you, you sex-eh thang!)

See you soon!!!
((Hugs))
laura

dale's dreams said...

Hugs to my dear, Kim.

If I don't create, I feel like I'm going to go crazy.

I love your chicks! I want one!!! :)

Claudia said...

I get a little crazy when I don't create. I'm glad to hear the things keeping you busy are good things. And those little chicks? Absolutely adorable.

xo
Claudia

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

Very cute!

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm sure you'll make time to create fabulosity very soon. You're at the creative fireworks point and you will explode into artistic genius!! If I don't have time to create(usually I'm on vacation and not allowed to work) then I doodle all the ideas into a notebook. It's quite satisfying to plan projects too. I can't come up with ideas all the time and it's great to have heaps of already thought out ideas ready to go.
The chicks are adorable! I hope they are nice and behave themselves. I don't want them to give you more to stress about! Keep smiling! :)
hugs,
Caroline

Mary said...

Your chicks are so very cute. We had roosters as pets when I was about 10 yrs old. We walked the biggest one on a leash, his name was Rover. LOL. Chickens can be lots of fun.

Dani said...

Miss my sis over sea...hope you are doing fine sweety !!, much love Dani Xxx