Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another Unfinished Project

Sooooo.....what have I been up to lately?  While I was on blogging break I was cleaning like a mad woman. I have been cleaning my craft room off and on for well over a month now- I cannot believe how much stuff I have collected from friends and family's donations to my artful life.  I'm getting close to finding an end to the craft room cleaning- but usually when I clean that room I find unfinished projects that just beg to be worked on. This is one of them. Meet Pedro. I made him in high school in art class and I've kept him all these years. Pedro would really like some clothes and a place to hang out in where everyone can see him.

Last year I made a grandfather clock from a battery powered clock my Mom bought me at the thrift store.  You can see it here:  http://flowerkim.blogspot.com/2010/03/project-of-week.html  I had a piece left over from the back of that clock that I have been saving and I thought it would be a perfect niche for Pedro to be displayed in.  I have just started painting the niche in a colorful pattern and I drilled a couple of holes in the back so I can attach a wire or ribbon to hold Pedro in a standing position.  Next week I am going to attempt to make Pedro a new outfit- which will be a real big challenge for me- so stay tuned for more :) 

17 comments:

Minna said...

Pedro is charming! I look forward to seeing the outfit you are going to make for him!

Julia said...

So you've always been this creative and talented! Pedro is great!!!! The niche is beautiful. He will love hanging out there.

Laura Thykeson said...

Love the colorful pattern you are making on your niche! The pattern reminds me of Thaneeya McArdle's work...And Pedro will be very happy with his new home!

mijbil said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Kim! :)
And good luck with Pedro's outfit, I'm sure it will turn out great! :D
Hugs from Venice

dale's dreams said...

Oh, cool! I love the niche. :)

Claudia said...

I think Pedro is pretty fabulous! I can't wait to see the finished project, Kim.

xo
Claudia

Mandy said...

Poor naked Pedro.

Lucille said...

Fantastic looking, that Pedro guy! He'll be able to look at all the girls going by once he's all set up in his niche.

Ascension said...

Seguro que consigues hacerle un bonito traje a Pedro me pasare para ver como te ha quedado.
besitos ascension

Cinderella Moments said...

You made Pedro? Wow! He's going to look amazing with the niche.
hugs,
Caroline

Unusual Girl Studios said...

Love Pedro! Lets get an outfit on him and take him out to play! So glad to find out you are a dollmaker!

Cyndi L said...

Pedro is so cute! I know you're eventually going to make just the perfect outfit for him :-)

Eileen Bergen said...

I love how brightly you've painted the niche. I'm imagining Pedro with black boots and black charro paints and silver buttons all down the side seams.

Cherie said...

Pedro is very cute. I'm with Eileen, I can see him with the black boots and everything. Plus, your post reminded me that I really need to clean out my craft room!

Sans! said...

I like Pedro very much, Kim :). You may not believe it but he's the kind of doll I am likely to buy when I see cos he's full of character and very unusual. Dress him well :)

Ayala ArtDolls said...

Oh my goodness poor Pedro!! He really needs to be finished! He will be great I'm sure. I have too projects half done here and there. This year I have been working on those unfinished dolls (and paintings!) so that I can free them and myself :o)

Zlatica said...

Pedro is such a hansome guy!!!
I wish him luck to get some clothes. :)))