Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm back :)

Well, I am finally getting back to blogging after a longer break than I meant to take.  Sometimes real life just shakes things up a bit.  I really cannot believe how quickly time flew past.  I've been a busy gal- cleaning my home, cleaning and reorganizing my craft room, helping my husband plant and clean up the vegetable and fruit garden and trying to rescue my flower garden after I neglected it last fall.  There is so much weeds and grass in my flower garden, I don't know if I'll be able to completely rescue it this year.  I've been taking it one step at a time and just trying to fix what I can.  Here are some pictures so you can see what I mean.



Ugh.  So much to fix.  But along with the bad comes some good.  There are birds in 2 of the birdhouses and I get to watch the proud parents return time after time with food for their babies.  There are also a few flowers blooming to keep me inspired.

I have lots more to catch up on.  I've received some wonderful minis and gifts from friends and I need to get back on the healthy thinking track.  I bought a couple of new books with projects I am itching to try out and share with you too.  Before I go today I wanted to share some artsy blogger links with my friends.  If you have some time please visit these gals and see what they are up to.

Eileen - The Artful Crafter
See how Eileen used a 3D Valentine's Day card template to make a 3D card suitable for many special occasions

Beading Arts
Cyndi has been featuring wonderful wire artists all this month...take a look at what these folks are doing! 


Mo(o)re Gourd Whimsies
Show-Me State Gourd Festival

Baseball Photo Collage
Created with a brick matte background and Artistic (textured) Letters 


Creative Dreamer
June's got another give away going! This time it's a village for your wrist... come see!

A little bit of cute too-everyone taking a break from playing:


I'll be back tomorrow with another post and I'll be trying to catch up on what all of you have been up to also :)

16 comments:

Doreen said...

It is good to have you back Kim. I am sure your garden will be blossoming before you know it and showing all its beauty.

Cate and David said...

Nice to see you Kim! In my garden, the weeds form a nice green background for the plants I did intend! ;)

Laura said...

I'm happy that you're back Kim! Blog land just isn't the same without you!

I actually just got back to it all last night as well.

Your garden looks great. You love all that crap-I'm sure you'll have it looking 100% again soon. ;p

Awwww.... Mikooooooooooooo.... :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Kathi said...

So nice to see you again! You sure have a big garden to tend to!
I can hardly keep the weeds out of my one little flower bed!
Glad you're back! :D

Zlatica said...

Hello, Kim! Welcome back.
Your garden is beautiful.

Lirael said...

Hi and welcome back! I've missed your lovely posts.
And you know, garden power is unlimited! The green always comes back, I'm sure your garden will look lovely soon :)

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Welcome back :) I think you garden looks beautiful. What a picturesque yard you have!

Betty said...

It is good to have you back too! Your yard is so big compared to mine! I need to do something to fix my yard too before dad's surgery or else I will get no pumpkins!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

So good to have you back and you sound great! Can't wait to see what else you do. Love the flowers, especially the tulips.

Mandy said...

Yeah!!! Kim is back!!! I missed you, but sounds like you needed the break. Can't wait to see what projects you will be up to!

Unusual Girl Studios said...

Yay! She's back!

Lataina said...

Your back!!!!!!! I'm so happy and of course so looking forward to what's new!!! =)

Papillon Bleu said...

Kim,
I know you are going to do magic with your garden. You are so patient and you do wonders out there.

You mentioned your artsy place, do you know I have a post on my page where we all share our studio pics? So, if you wish, just send some photos to add here http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com/2011/05/lets-show-our-working-spaces-to-update.html

I am happy to see this lovely pic of your babies taking a break from playing. This is sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

XO!!!

Dani said...

Welcome back sweet sis !!, your garden will be beautiful as always...you and your golden hands turns everyhing into beautiful things so don't worry it will be ok !, keep an eye on your mailbox the coming days ;)...it will arrive probebly too late...but maybe I'm lucky !, Take it easy sweety, thinking of you and hope till soon !, much love from over sea Xxxx Dani

Kim said...

thank you everyone for your sweet welcome back! I've missed you all a lot!

Eileen Bergen said...

So nice to see you posting again, Kim. Life does have its twists and turns. Sometimes we just have to go with the flow.

That's a huge garden. I don't know how you and hubby manage it in the best of times!