Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In :)



Let me start off with saying I did not feel like doing today's post-but denial doesn't help me.  I've never been gifted at writing and it's hard to explain why I'm not doing well in a way that doesn't sound like another excuse-maybe I am just making excuses for myself.  I didn't weigh in this morning.  I don't know if I lost or I gained---I have not exercised and I have only tracked my food half the time.  I'm a bit scared of the scale right now.  I was feeling so great- so much excitement for my exercise and for eating healthy.  The thing I need to get past and the thing that trips me up sooo many times is the cold.  This has been such a long winter to me this year.  It finally got a little warm- I could stand the temps in the house after we got home from work- I was moving- I was spring cleaning- I was doing really well.  Then we had a cold snap- it snowed- my butt froze to the car seat each morning and I felt like I had been slapped in the face.  I kind of went into a weird denial/hibernation/rebellion mode.  I feel like I backtracked at least a couple of weeks.  The cold just threw me into a little depression and I have spent my nights in a mound on the couch working on whatever could be worked on while I still stayed under a blanket.  This is a MAJOR stumbling block for me.  I just cannot seem to stay on track when it is cold.  I need to really concentrate and find ways to stop letting winter stop me dead in my fitness tracks.  I do sooo well in the summer.  I walk almost every day- I garden and work in the yard until the sun goes down.  Anyhow- one of the reasons I decided to do weight watchers online this time instead of meetings is because I can just pick up and start again when I slip up and fall off track without having to feel so humiliated at my failure.  I'm starting fresh this week- Miko the Pomeranian and I have even been trying to learn how to walk well together so he can join me on the walking path this summer.  He has some issues with strangers- but so far in our trial runs he has been doing so well- I am very proud of him :)  See you next week- hopefully with good news!  If you would like to visit  my friend who is also trying to get healthy or you would like to work at it along with us please visit  Marsha for Wednesday Weigh Ins at http://sassyminidolls.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

tbnjas said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! Nobody is perfect, and if they appear they are, they have some other Waterloo happening in their life. I cannot exercise outside. I am finally craving the gym. I have never had that feeling in my life! Keep positive~ you CAN do it...

Julia said...

I know what you mean about the cold. My husband and I got out and walked three mornings last week, then it started raining and turning cold again. We've not been out this week at all. You are doing great. everything I read and hear says that you just shouldn't let a little backsliding get you down. It sounds like you are going to have a great walking companion!!!
You are doing better than I am, believe me.

Sassy Marsha said...

Hello sweetie!

Thank you so much for your comment!!

Try not to be so hard on yourself (and I truly understand what you're going through)!

The winter months is hard on many. I too need LIGHT, SUNSHINE, it makes everything seem brighter and hopeful!

Do NOT giveup! We all slide back (I was starting to do that) but it's important that we don't fall into the hole.

Your walks will do wonders for you and Miko!

I am going to be hosting a giveaway. Perhaps this is just the perk you need! Stay tuned!

Sending you a big ((HUG))

xxoo

De said...

Be patient with yourself, Kim. Some health issues are seriously magnified by the cold weather. My daughter has a really rough time in the winter. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way. :)

Laura said...

I'm exactly the same. I do horribly in the colder weather. I'm much more successful in the warmer months.
I've had a hard time lately too so-you're not alone in this crap.

You and me are starting over.. starting now. ;p

((Hugs))
Laura
P.S. and by "now" I actually mean, right after I finish the family sized chocolate bar I'm working on by myself...

Lucille said...

Kim, I would like to recommend a form of exercise called "Callanetics". Look it up on the internet and if you're interested, buy the red book called "Callanetics Countdown". If you do these exercises, it doesn't matter if you walk or not. I know that it's not easy to learn a bunch of new movements, nobody likes that part of it. But if you persist, I guarantee you will never feel tired and you will never ache anywhere. These exercises are gentle. You hardly move at all when you do them. You will also lose weight on this program. I'm not a gym person myself. I detest gyms. I have always liked to exercise in the comfort of my home and it works for me. I do about forty minutes a day. I recommend this form of gentle exercising to anyone. You have nothing to lose except the price of the book, time invested in learning the movements and everything to gain in feeling good all over. The way this works is that you can even split your workout in half or even three parts in the course of a day. It's cumulative. Hope you try this but it's up to you.

Eileen Bergen said...

Oh Kim, that sounds like SADD. ninety-nine percent of us have it to some degree (IMHO). The sun lifts our spirits and brings energy into our bodies.

To see a glimpse of spring and then have it snatched away by Mother Nature is extra-hard.

Hang in there. "The sun'll come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow there'll be sun!"

XOXO

Sans! said...

As usual, I love reading your weigh in post. Kim, you making these posts are the reasons I am embarking on my next phase of weight loss. This time from my own efforts and not because of an operation.

I didn't gain any weight when I came home from India . And then in 1 week, I gained 1.2kg. I started the health journal on Monday and it is Friday already and I am still doing ok, following the routine and eating sensibly. But it is early yet and l know myself, I will slide. I will weigh in on Monday I will know then if this week has worked.

Reading your post makes me feel lucky that I live in a tropical country (ask me again in May :) when the heat is relentless) . I know if I have the cold, there will be no way I can exercise.

Start again, Kim. And when you slide, just start again. IMO, as long as you never stop starting, you are on the right path. It is just a matter of time :). It has taken me 7 years so I should know :).

Kim said...

tbnjas- how funny we are opposite- I love to exercise outside- but don't care much for the gym! I wish I was opposite- things would be easier for me :) Thank you for your support- it really helps so much!

Julia- thank you. I think the chance and the difference I have going for me this year is that I mentally feel better. I am working very hard right now on combining everything I have going on into a routine- I know I will get there! I cannot believe how much my little Miko loves to walk- he almost drags me along he is so excited to go! He has aggressive issues with strangers and I'm hoping if he gets lots of exercise that it may help lessen that a bit. We'll see! Hugs!!

Marsha- thank you for motivating me and keeping me in the game- I'm at least tracking again this week....I'm not giving up this time no matter how many "bad weeks" I have. A big hug to you too!

De- thank you! I'm determined that this will be a healthier year for me- so I will keep at it slow and steady. hugs back to you too!

Laura- you keep me going too girl- you make it look so easy, but I know the truth is you work hard at staying healthy. You also make me laugh every time- thank you for that ♥ It's snowing here today. Sigh. Hardly ever snows in May though- so I can look forward to that certainty-right? Love ya!

Lucille--Thank you!!!! I will definetely look into this- I am still so out of shape-so anything that can make me stronger without hurting too badly is a plus! If I can find the book I will blog about it and let you know how I do- you are a gem :)

Eileen- lol! The sun might have come out tomorrow, but the next day is here and it is snowing again! Thankfully it's not very hard and hopefully not too much will stick. Cross your fingers for me, okay :) I think I do have a bit of SADD- which is worse in my case...because we live in an old farmhouse and my hubby covers all of the windows and doors in thick curtains in the winter to help with drafts. It is similar to living in a cave. It does help with heating costs-but by spring I crave natural light like crazy!

Sans- I always say I would like to live somewhere like your home- but I know I would probably not do well. I do very poorly in high humidity- almost as if I cannot catch my breath if it is too hot and humid. I cannot believe you came back from vacation without gaining- you must have behaved very well! I am glad you come for the wednesday posts- it motivates me to post whether the week was good or bad when I think of others out there on the journey too. Good luck this week and thank you for always checking in Sans!