Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Finished Project!

I finished an unfinished project!!  I follow another incredible blog called http://prudentlypaintedvintage.blogspot.com/   I am constantly inspired by this talented blogger- she has the most incredible ideas for fixing your home- and a lot of them are easy on the budget.  She fixed up her bathroom mirror and a lightbulb went off in my head- what a great idea for using an old mirror I salvaged out of a headboard that I couldn't bear to see thrown away.  This solution was easy enough for even me to handle!  Four pieces of trim cut to size and four of the little square trim pieces you can find at the hardware store- a thin piece of plywood and some glue made especially for mirrors and I can finally hang this mirror on my wall instead of on the floor at the back of my closet- which was it's previous home- lol!  Check out how Michelle's mirror turned out too- a lot classier than mine :)  http://prudentlypaintedvintage.blogspot.com/2011/01/framing-out-mirror.html  Here is my mirror....if you can see my unmade bed and messy bedroom in the first picture please pretend that you can't :)  Thank you for the inspiration Michelle!!


12 comments:

Briarwood Miniatures said...

Kim, I LOVE your mirror! It's just gorgeous.

Cia

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

This turned out beautiful!! I love the details on the mirror and how you painted the trim blue. I would say you were inspired by my idea, but you most certainly made it your own. Lovely! I am now your newest follower :)

Katie said...

Kim! The mirror is beautiful! Love the blue trim:)

Also love your doodle in your last entry! The hand tree.....Neat stuff! I'll have to go check out her eraser stamps...that sounds right up my alley!

Ascension said...

Kim, has hecho un precioso trabajo.
Gracias por el enlace, me pasare a visitar el blog.
bsitos ascension

Claudia said...

I love the way the mirror turned out, Kim! Great job, my friend.

xo
Claudia

Sans! said...

What messy bed??? :) Love the mirror but what I love more is the energy, dear Kim. You have been doing so much! :):)

I am glad I caught this just before I leave for India :):).

Patty said...

Kim, Your mirror came out incredible! I love it!!

Dani said...

Beautiful Kim !, so nice to see my painting too ;)

Kim said...

Thank you everyone!! You are all so sweet! Michelle- thank you for being so kind and also for inspiring me to finish this- it feels great to have it on the wall! Dani- I love that painting so much- I look at it every day as I wake and again before bed and it makes me think of you my sweet sweet friend. ♥

Ara said...

Love the mirror and would love to walk around in your house!! Everything I've seen looks so fun! hugs, ara

Eileen Bergen said...

You did a beautiful job with the mirror, Kim. I love how the blue "mirrors" the adjoining wall.

Angela said...

I love all those crosses on the wall...I REALLY love your journal....