Tuesday, March 8, 2011

30 Days of Journaling Day 7

Not much for the journal page today- just a quick sketch of a new page.  I wanted to keep it short because I have the itch to work on the angels.  This week has been hectic again- today at work was particularly awful, so when I sat down after work with my journal relaxing was on my mind.  It's so important to remember to just relax once in awhile and let the stress go.  The snow has been falling off and on again this week- fluffy white flakes- so that was on my mind when I started drawing :)
Sorry about the poor picture quality- I didn't realize the plain pencil sketch would photograph so badly.  I've given the angel a new face- I didn't care for the original one- and I've started working on fixing her wings.  After I get that far on this first one I'll switch over to the other one so they stay mainly the same. 

And........before I go- here's a shot of cuteness for you.  I can never get enough of this face :)

6 comments:

Julia said...

I love your angel. It reminds me of some angels I made at the church we went to before we moved back "home". They were for our Christmas cantata. Your dog is sooooo cute.

Lucille said...

Hi Kim. Your dog is adorable. I would love to give him a big hug. I noticed that you are learning to cook. I have a good website for you. I've learned a lot from her. It's called The Frugal Chef. She has a lot of videos. They are short and to the point. You might like to explore her site if you can find a minute in your very busy schedule. There's not enough time in one lifetime to do all that we would like to do, unfortunately.

Katie said...

You're puppy has the cutest nose:)

Love your latest sketch... I'm thinking all that snow would put me in the mood to paint an angel, too.

When you get a chance... Check your email! I wrote you a few days ago about the church:)

minihugs:)
Katie

Oh.. (sorry I know my comments are out of order..) But Have you thought about excersing in the morning... My Mom used to make me get up every day and walk around the lake we lived next to... Always made me feel better... You'd think it would wear you out first thing in the morning...but it actually gives you more energy durning the day...

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the new angel face, Kim, and look forward to seeing the completed set.

Jollie said...

Hello Kim,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)
Is that a pomeranean???? I have a black pom! Her name is Bo and she will be 13 years old in August! :)
I see you are a catlover and bird lover too!! I love them also very much (I am owned by 10 cats ;) lol!

Hugs Jollie

Kim said...

Julia- thank you- I hope I can make these angels match the picture in my head-lol! I still have a long way to go on them. Miko says thank you too--unfortunately for me he knows he's cute :)

Lucille- thank you!! I'll give Miko your hugs for you! I've just been looking at The Frugal Chef- what a wonderful website! Thank you so much- I'm going to explore more this weekend when I have some "me" time. I agree- there is not enough hours in the days- so we just do what we can, right? As long as they are happy days I'm okay with it :)

Katie- thanks girl!

Eileen- thank you :) They may take me awhile to finish yet- they are not moving quickly no matter how hard I try. Maybe that's my problem- maybe I'm trying too hard?

Jollie- hi!!! So glad to see you visit- thank you! That is Miko and he is a pomeranian. We also have a lab mix, 3 indoor cats, one cat that refuses to live indoors and has his own house outside, chickens and 2 parakeets. My husband says no more animals until we retire :) I would LOVE to have 10 cats- but it is hard to take care of the ones we have and work too- not enough hours in the day :)