Saturday, March 5, 2011

30 DAYS OF JOURNALING DAY 4

I'm popping in with a really quick post for my day 4 journal page.  This page is just barely started- I only worked on it for about 15 minutes because I've spent my day cleaning the house, making paper clay candy for the right side of the candy house and creating a little panda bear rocking toy for a blogging friend.  I can't believe how quickly this day flew past!  Anyhow- here's a picture of today's journal work and the right side of the candy house.  I'm off to do some more creating!!!  Hope you're having a productive weekend too :)


5 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

The house is looking gorgeous! Wow that's a lot of work with the candy! I love the heart on your journal page and the way the girl is holding on.

Hugs,
Caroline

Jill said...

Looking great! I love following along on your creative adventures~ you inspire me so much!

Hugs,
Jill

Julia said...

What is paper clay? I've never heard of it. I love playing with playdough and clay, but I've only ever "made" something once. That was an assignment for a class I took in teaching elementary art classes. I certainly could learn a lot form you!

Eileen Bergen said...

Isn't it fun when a day flies by like that? It means you're really immersed in your art. I love it!

Kim said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Julia- paperclay is an air drying clay that hardens without the use of baking. After it is hardened it can be painted, sanded- you can even carve in it if you are careful. It's so fun to work with---here's a link http://www.paperclay.com/ You can do so many fun things with it! A lot of the "candy" on the Candy House is made out of paperclay and painted after it is hardened.