Friday, March 25, 2011

30 Days Of Journaling Day 24

Today I worked my page around a yellow bird I cut out of a magazine ad.  I keep thinking about spring and gardening- so I wrote Spring Is On My Mind across the page and drew a woman with a nest on her head to go with the yellow bird.  I added a picture of a garden, another flower I cut out of a card and a decal I had lying on my desk to the page and added more doodling on the edges of the page.  Markers, watercolor pencils and acrylic paint was used to add color to the page.  I started out with a different idea at the beginning of the page, so this page was actually a surprise to me in the end, but I think I like it.  I have to go catch up with laundry so I can play for awhile on Saturday- so see ya tomorrow!

7 comments:

Dani said...

It's in my head too :)...pity it's not really a sunny day today, we even have some rain....want the sun back !!...have a great weekend Sweet Kim !, much love from your Sis Xxx

Julia said...

Everything I make is a surprise to me at the end. It's not always a good surprise, however. I love the bird sitting on her head!!!!

Ascension said...

Me encanta la imaginacion que has puesto en esta pagina.
Que te vaya bien con la lavadora jejeje, hasta mañana.
Feliz fin de semana
besitos ascension

victoria said...

Hola amiga Kim:Hacia mucho tiempo que no sabia de tí
Ha sido una grata sorpresa ver tu comentario en mi blog
Lo agradesco de corazón y espero que sigas visitándome
Besitos desde España Victoria

Eileen Bergen said...

This one really makes me smile. I love how you visually interpret a phrase, Kim.

"Spring is on my mind" - that is so clever!

Kim said...

Thank you ladies!!!!

Ani said...

Hola Kim! Que bien cuando el arte va solo y el resultado es algo tan bonito! me encanta, como todo lo que haces!
Ahora tengo poco tiempo pero en cuanto tengo un rato me seguiré paseando por tu blog..me sienta bien :D
Besos! Feliz semana!!