Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Days Of Journaling Day 20

I just wanted to play a little bit in my journal today.  I glued some images down, stamped a pattern with a cork on the edge and painted over a piece of ribbon.  I hated it.  Then I decided to paint a couple of my own flowers to try to make things "join" together a bit more.  I still hated it.  I washed a thin coat of white over the entire page and let that dry- but I still hate it.  I decided to just do a journal entry and leave it be.  I might end up liking the page later- I might still hate it and try adding something to fix it- or I might just always hate it and move on.  That's the beauty of an art journal- it can be filled with great pages and mistakes too.  See you again tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Julia said...

We can't like all of our creations equaly, but if you ask me, this is pretty good!

Lucille said...

I just wrote a comment but it was lost in transit. I was saying that I love this journal page. I love the colours you picked and your flowers are so very pretty. The idea of painting over a ribbon is so unique. I would never have thought of that.

Ascension said...

Me encantan, es como una ventana abierta a la primavera.
besitos ascension

Eileen Bergen said...

What is it that you hate about this, Kim? Look at it in 2 more days and let us know. It will jump out at you.

I don't see anything wrong with it. maybe it's just that it wasn't what you had in mind at the start.

Kim said...

Thank you all- I think I hated this because it is out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to push myself to learn and try new things and I think I need to be perfect at them right from the beginning. I just think the whole page looks messy and unplanned-maybe it bothers the "tidy" side of my brain? I'll keep thinking on it Eileen- I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here :)

Sans! said...

I like it! Very very much :)