Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In/ Healthy Thinking Thursday


I weigh in today at 164 even.  I'm thankful it's a loss, but a bit disappointed that it was not more.  I did exercise all but 2 days last week, and I'm proud of myself for sticking to that.  I know that part of my small loss is due to the fact that we are out of "fresh" food (like fresh fruit and veggies) and it is so dang cold here in Minnesota this week that I have put off the grocery store run.  So.....we have been eating whatever we have in the freezer or cupboards for the last week and that's not so great when you're on weight watchers-and it's not healthy thinking at all :)  They say we should have a warm up starting on friday- so when the temps get back up in the 20's or 30's (farenheit) I will run and re-stock and hopefully do a bit better.  Having said all of that- I have to remind myself that a little loss is good considering that when I tried to do this last fall I could not even get the scale to budge a little and was so tired and frustrated.  I'm tired still, but it's turning into a different tired.  It's a tired that comes from a weak out of shape body slowly getting it's strength back.  If you would like to join in on Wednesday Weigh-Ins please visit Marsha at http://sassyminidolls.blogspot.com/ to link up and see how she's doing also.  My awesome friend Laura had an incredible loss last year and is now working on maintaining.  She sometimes checks in on Healthy Thinking Thursdays and you can visit her at http://sunshineshangout.blogspot.com  

11 comments:

Chelle said...

You lost, that's all that matters. Keep up the good work.

Sassy Marsha said...

Yeah, congrats on losing!!! Oh, boy,I can so relate to eating what's on hand!!! That is the TOUGHEST part!!!

I am so glad we're doing this together too b/c it makes me accountable!! Not so easy to throw in the towel!!!

Try those strawberry surprises. They're good. With high fiber muffins and tablespoon of fat free cream cheese it was 4 points :)

Almost treadmill time!

Keep it up, Kim!!! See ya next week!!!

xxoo
M

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

Thank you for your comment Kim. I will still peek in to see how your candy shop is coming along. :)

Laura said...

Yay! You're doing great!
You're right, last fall you were so discouraged because nothing was moving. At least you're losing and I'm sure things will pick up. It's hard to lose weight at this time of the year. Just keep on doing what you're doing.... You WILL get there!

((Hugs))
laura

kibbygirl said...

way to go for losing at all at this time of year especially. Between not getting outside much and eating whatever is on hand and what-not, I find this season very difficult.

Julia said...

Congrats on your loss and on exercising so much. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you are replacing some fat weight with muscle weight!! You are an inspiration, still. my husband and I are really, really trying, too.

Jill said...

Congrats on your loss this week! Pretty great, considering you were improvising w/the food already in the house. You're inspiring!
Hugs,
Jill

Sans! said...

Kim, well done! Bravo!

I wanted to also echo Julia. Muscle weighs more so don't be discouraged when you feel you should have lost more but didn't.

Last week was a see saw week for me. I gained 1 kg , then lost it, then gained it again. I have started walking 1 hour a day since Sunday. Except Monday when I didn't go to work. My weight could be from water retention cos it's the Time. I also binged more during this time. Loads of invitations out to eat because we are still celebrating Chinese New Year. Will not deprive myself but won't go overboard either :).

I was really looking forward to your post. I find myself watching my diet more carefully closer to Wednesday ;):)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I know how you feel Kim. Thngs are aching on my body that shouldn't be doing so. I am going to make myself go for a walk today. It's suppose to be high 50s here. It's suppose to be nice all week and I will make myself take advantage of it. I have a wedding in June to go to and I must look fabulous.

I also try to find easy little workouts to do in between sewing. Isometric movements and such. We'll get there.

Have a great week.

Ascension said...

Kim enhorabuena!!!!
Seguro que seguiras perdiendo peso, solo tienes que ser constante y no perder el animo.
Aunque pierdas poquito la cuestion es que vayas perdiendo.
Me alegro que esto te sirva para estar mejor de animo.
Venga que tu puedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
besitos ascension

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

I just found your blog! Thank you for all your nice comments you leave on mine.

Keep up the good work on the loss! That is great!

Have you tried juicing? I love my juicer. I could email you some really good veggie drinks. They are yummy and so good for you! That is when it isn't freezing and you can actually get some fresh produce!

It is 70 here today :) sorry I just had to tell you that.

Thanks again for all the love on my blog!