Monday, February 7, 2011

slow progress

I decided to switch back to the outside of The Candy House.  I get an idea in my head for something and I can't wait- I'm so impatient!  I have to switch to the area that is calling to me while the excitement for working on it is there.  I kept staring at the big blank wall on the side of the house and wondering what I was going to fill it with.  I did some googling of images of buildings and this is what I came up with.  I like it so far- but it's been a lot of work.  I worked on this all weekend in between housework and trying to catch up on various tasks I am behind on.  I'm a little disappointed that I accomplished so little- but I guess it's better than the blank wall that was there before!  The half circles are supposed to be my version of those chewy gummy half slices of fruit- do they look like that??  Anyhow- I don't think I'll make much more progress this week- I have to finish another project taking up space in my living room before I drive the hubby crazy- and at the end of the week I'll work extra hours helping out at the flower shop I used to work at.  Valentines Day is coming very soon and we gotta make those flower arrangments :)


13 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! That looks too cute! I know that the house isn't "real" but, I'd probably try to eat it if I was there..... ;0

Have fun at the flower shop!

((Hugs))
Laura

Zlatica said...

Yummy... :)))

Glenda said...

Whoa, Kim, this is brilliant!! You've got everything right!! I don't have a sweet tooth, but the excellent use of colour and form makes this look soooo right for the purpose!
Well done indeed :)))

My daughter used to work as a florist and she used to hate Valentine's Day until she fell in love, and now she has more patience and enjoys the Day - it's all relative, isn't it? :)

Claudia said...

It's adorable, Kim. Whimsical, yummy and perfect. Don't work too hard this week - I bet it's crazy busy at this time of year!

xo
Claudia

Julia said...

Your house is coming along nicely! I love your candy choices and the colors! Yum! It looks good enough to eat, or live in either.

De said...

Wow, Kim, it looks great! Beautiful painting, and, yes, they do look like the candy fruit slices.

Cate and David said...

I do love candy...and I'm loving this house!

Sans! said...

Yes! They do, they do , look like slices of fruit sweets :) . I know because I use to love them. So much so that when I saw them in Sri Lanka , I immediately bought them ony to realise that they are now too sweet for me :)!

I like what I see, Kim, the wall will be spectacularly whimsical when it's done!

Dani said...

Beautiful Kim !! M.Y xx

Piikko said...

Hi Kim! The wall is looking great. So delicious, candy to the eyes:D
Kim, I share your feeling with projects in the living room:D
piikko

Ani said...

looks great! keep it up! :D
hug..Ani

Ara said...

I think it looks great Kim!! Actually I think it looks delicious! hugs, ara

Kim said...

Thank you everyone!!! If you all knew how many times I ask my husband if it looks like real candy when I am working on this you would laugh and laugh! I think he will be glad when this house is done :)Glenda- It's actually really fun to go work at the flower shop when it's not my full time job anymore- it's nice to get a chance a few times a year to keep my designing skills :) It does help if you think of the recipient when you are working too- as my old boss used to say- make every arrangement as if it were going to your own Mom :)