Friday, December 10, 2010

Checking In :)

It's been awhile since my last blog post!  I've been a busy gal--I decided the only way I had any hope of catching up this year and getting things done was to just concentrate on my Christmas list for awhile.  My ornaments are almost all painted.  Here's a picture of some of them- I'll finally be able to start mailing next week.


I also make ornaments for my Mom and my siblings with pictures of my nieces and nephews on them.  Here is one- I've blurred the face a bit since this is my niece and I did not ask permission to use her face on the internet.  I have 6 nieces and nephews- so I paint 12 of these :)  I love painting these ornaments so much- something about their little faces on the ornament just makes me smile.

I've  been working on some homemade gifts for family and friends- I can't really show any of them because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but my hands have been flying!!!  I've been buying a few gifts on etsy this year too because I won't have enough time for everything I want to do.   Every single shop has been great service, great product and prompt shipping.  I can't show you my purchases just in case people I am gifting to are reading the blog- but if you are looking for wonderful, unique handcrafted gifts don't forget to visit Etsy- there are some terrific shops there!!

I'll leave you with some pictures of some of the snow we have recieved lately.  It covers the garden, so that makes me happy.  The flowers have a nice cozy blanket for the winter now.  Miko the Pomeranian LOVES the snow.  He would stay out there all day if I let him, but I make him come inside after a little bit so his tiny feet don't freeze.  I thought he would hate the snow and I would have to drag him outside to go to the bathroom all winter- but he sure fooled me!  He dives into the banks with his little snout and comes out just covered.  What a crazy dog!  Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season and if you are in the winter season where you live I hope you are staying warm and cozy :)

15 comments:

Jean Day said...

That is wonderful you are getting so much accomplished, I love your ornaments. Miko looks so beautiful in the snow, how great to have a bit of it for Christmas. I hope you have a terrific holiday! *Jean

Briarwood Miniatures said...

Good to hear from you and wow, what a lot you are accomplishing! I love the ornaments, such a lovely gift. And Miko is just like my Kenzie. She goes nuts in the snow. It's funny to watch, makes me laugh every time. Have a wonderful holiday season, Kim! Hugs!
Cia

Jill said...

Wow, you have been one little busy Christmas elf, girlie! Your ornaments turned out so adorable!

Your little Miko is soooooo cute!! I bet she's so fun to watch play in the snow. My Hagrid got to play in the snow at Thanksgiving. He didn't know what to think at first! Once he figured it out he had a great time!

Hope you are enjoying the season~

Hugs,
Jill

Glenda said...

It's good to make handmade decorations and gifts at Christmas - the way it should be - in the best spirit of the season! :)
Your santas are fab!
Love that last pic of cheeky Miko in the snow :)
Very best wishes to you for the season!

xxx Glenda

Lirael said...

You've been working hard I see!
I'm glad that you're checking in though ;)

Papillon Bleu said...

Miko is a great dog! What a funny little thing!
It is nice to see you back here in Blogland!
This year the lovely ornament you sent last year is finally going to find its place in the Xmas tree!
You have done an wonderful job with these snowmen!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX !!!!

Zlatica said...

Your ornaments are beautiful!
We have the same amount of snow here...
Love,
Zlatica.

sunshine said...

Oh Miko!!!! :)
Cheech likes the snow as well. He gets all frisky. I don't think he'd stay out long though. 10 minutes and he's done.

The ornaments look beautiful!! You're amazing Kimmy-Bear!!!

((Hugs))
Laura

viewsbychris.blogspot.com said...

Hi Kim,
Good to see your post- you have been busy. Where do you find the time? People love personalized gifts so you can be sure your ornaments are all going to loving homes. Hope you have a great holiday:)

kibbygirl said...

Awww, Miko is so cute in the snow! Glad to hear you are doing well and I really like the snowmen. The colours are beautiful.

Ara said...

Kim, you amaze me with your handmade ornaments each year!! What a special gift for your family!! I love the little faces on them too! hugs, ara

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I'm so happy you posted some pictures of your ornaments, they're so beautiful!
I also made many of my gifts this year and have been so busy! I definetely want to start earlier next year.
I posted some pictures on my blog of two ornaments I made as gifts, they are made with miniatures. :) The number of ornaments you make always amazes me!

Ascension said...

Que maravillosos adornos de Navidad has hecho.
Que fantastico trabajo, enhorabuena.
besitos ascension

Sans! said...

Good afternoon, Kim :) It is good to see you posting again and I must congratulate you on the ornaments that you have done. They are spectacular! The colours are gorgeous and the details bar none. I am sure all your friends and relatives will be thrilled! :)

Julia said...

I finally found some time to read my favorite blogs. Your ornaments are wonderful!!! Beautiful snow pictures. We got snow, but only a little.
Hugs and wishes for a wonderful Christmas!!!!