Monday, July 19, 2010

Puppa Art Picture :) and The Candy House

My friend Zlatica from http://pupaart.blogspot.com is an incredible artist.  Zlatica recently made some business cards with a picture from a painting she did- one of my favorite paintings she has done!  When I mentioned it would make a wonderful size for a painting in my dollhouse Zlatica was sweet enough to send me one!  I was so excited to get it in the mail last week that I had to make a frame for it right away- it will eventually hang in Amelie's candy house.  Here is Zlatica's business card- isn't it beautiful?
Here is her beautiful painting with a frame added all ready to hang proudly in Amelie's bedroom once I get that far:
Zlatica also sent me a button with another beautiful piece of her art on it- thank you soooo much Zlatica- I have put the button on my camera bag so I will have your beautiful art with me quite often :)  I hope you like how I have framed your painting for the dollhouse :)  If you've never met Zlatica you should pop over to her blog and say hello- she is awesome :)

I did a small bit of work on the candy house this last weekend.  Does anyone else feel like they work and work on their project and then the result is so small?  I did not feel like I got too far this last weekend- but at least I did get the strawberry patch weeded again so they won't be choked out with weeds. I have a secret...we have had 6 banty chicks we have been taking care of in the house in a spare room.  They are big now so  I   have 6 banty chickens we are trying to integrate with the big red Rhode Island  hens out in the chicken coop.  I'll have to take pics to show you soon- has anyone else tried keeping banty hens with bigger hens?  Will they fight?  I looked on the internet and saw people keeping banty's and Rhode Island Red Hens together- but I'm still nervous about it.  For now we have them seperated in the coop, but so they can see each other in the hopes that they will get used to each other this way first. 
In this picture is Amelie- the little girl that lives in the candy house.  She was created by my dear talented friend Patricia from http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com.  Amelie is excited work is finally being done on her new house.  I did some more siding on the house, started adding cookies to the dormer windows and started getting the balcony on the second floor ready.  There will be a lollipop railing soon.  Before I go, I bought this little rocking chair at a garage sale for a quarter.  It's out of scale, but I'm not 100% concerned with scale in the candy house as I would prefer the furniture to look a bit too big for a little girl like Amelie. I took an xacto knife and whittled the chair down a bit so it did not look quite so clunky and then I painted it and added a little flower printie to the back with painted accents.  Here it is in the bedroom of the candy house......so much work yet to be done :)

19 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

The picture and the chair look adorable together! That's going to be a cute house!

Claudia said...

Your friend's artwork is so charming and you're right, it makes the perfect sized painting for your house! Little Amelie is adorable and I can't wait to see more of the Candy House!

xo
Claudia

Papillon Bleu said...

it is so exciting to see your candy house! Amélie is going to be the happiest doll ever! Well...one of the happiest! he!he! How is bernard? I hope is isn't too jealous of the candy house.
XO
ps: how do you make the little heart ? I am always intrigued.

Papillon Bleu said...

Ps again: Zlatica is a real sweet heart and love the way you've framed the picture.
XXX

beyondbaffled said...

I am so far behind on reading everyone's blogs. I love the Candy house! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

kibbygirl said...

The picture is really sweet. I will have to check out her site too and see some of her other artwork. Your new 'painting' looks great!!

Kim said...

Thank you all :) Zlatica's artwork is so pretty and soothing, isn't it?

Patricia- do you mean the heart in my text? It is easy- you press down the alt key and the number 3 key- alt first and then push the 3. Now I send some to you....♥♥♥♥ :) Now....how do I put the correct symbol in Amelie's name? We'll trade secrets :)

Katie said...

That chair is too cute! Loving what your doing with the house:) And yes! I think that business card girl is beautiful! Smart of you to frame it:)

Piikko said...

The picture is so lovely,
and Amélie is very cute girl♥
piikko

Zlatica said...

Oh Kim, I´m so happy! The frame is absolutely amazing! I love it. And thank you for this sweet post.
Amelie looks so adorable in your sweet candy house!

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

The painting is really beautiful, so special!
I think you did get a lot of things done, and sometimes although it does seem slow, all the little details add up and suddenly you'll find you've done more than you think. :)
Maia

Ara said...

What an awesome idea for your house! That painting is beautiful! And I love the little rocking chair! You just never know where you'll find mini treasures :)

Minnie Kitchen said...

I absolutely love the rocking chair!

May said...

La imagen del cuadro es muy simpatica.
La casita te esta quedando muy dulce.
¡Animo! poco a poco lo conseguiras.
Besitos, May

Sans! said...

Your candy house is really an eye candy :). Keep at it, Kim! It will be such a great house. All your gifts are great and very candy inspiring :).

Ascension said...

La casita te esta quedando perfecta!!!
Me encanta la imagen del cuadro es una preciosidad!!!
besitos ascension

Kim said...

thank you everyone for your sweet comments ♥ Zlatica- I am so pleased you like what I did with your beautiful artwork, I was a bit nervous you would not like the pink I chose- but I think it draws your eye into the picture and the lovely peony. Thank you again sooo much for sending one to me- you are a sweetheart and Amelie adores her new picture so much :)

Nina said...

Hello Kim,
I just read your comment on my blog.
Do you saw, that Oma took the rainproof and was happy with it ?
Don`t worry, It`s funny what you made,the Germans say Friesennerz, because all people who lives at the northsea need such a yellow thing. And I had a fun: I guess you made it from a kitchenglove.
It is very single !!!
Thank you once more.
Nina

Ascension said...

Hola Kim!!
No se si admites premios.
Tengo uno para ti en mi blog.
besitos ascension