Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Creative Prompt.......Cake

I am joining in this month on a Creativity Invitation from http://acreativedreamer.blogspot.com/  .  We were given a theme and we were to do something creative around the theme in the month of June.  The reason I LOVE this idea is that the rules were so flexible...you didn't have to draw or paint something- anything creative is fine as long as it pertained to the theme. The theme for the month of June was "Let them eat cake".   I did a painting on a page in my art journal for my piece.  It is acrylic paint, collage papers and sharpie marker on watercolor paper.  I can't wait for next month's theme!

14 comments:

Jill said...

I looove this!! I love me some snacky cake too. I think I'll go check out the link-- thanks so much!
Hugs,
Jill

ittybittyandpretty said...

great great great!! i recently took part in a month long creative art journal course and i loved the prompts she used. this is just wonderful.
xxxxrosey

Papillon Bleu said...

How good to see you are having so much fun! The Let them eat cake is a good them just before our Bastille day!

sunshine said...

Mmmm now I want cake! :P

Great painting Kim! I loves it.

((Hugs))
Laura

Julia said...

I adore this picture! You are so multi-talented!

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I love this Kim! And yes, it's very true. We had a cheese cake today. :) The painting and idea are very good.
Maia

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hi Kim! I so love your painting. It's so colorful and bright and beach like. I can't wait to see next months project. I'm a watchin' you. ;)
Thanks for all your kind sayings. I've really been in the dumps but I think I'm clawing my way out.

Katie said...

How Neat! :)

sunshine said...

Just popping in to say hi!
I'm SUCH a HORRIBLE friend right now!!

Forgive me??? *bats eyelashes*

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

thank you everyone! I actually wanted to do something bigger than a journal page for this- but ran out of time this month! Summer is flying past me! I can't wait to find out the theme for next month!!

Eileen Bergen said...

What fun - I love your journal page and hope to see you in future challenges ;-)

Magpie Sue said...

You are SO right, every day would be better with a slice of cake! I'm loving seeing what everyone has done with this creativity challenge :- ) You could even do a whole journal with nothing but these prompts from June!

viewsbychris.blogspot.com said...

Kim- this is great. What a fun project to be a part of. The less rules the better! Can't wait to see what you do for July.

Melly Kay said...

LOVE IT!!!!