Thursday, July 29, 2010

Creative Challenge for July......Dream :)

June over at the blog http://acreativedreamer.blogspot.com holds a monthly Creativity Challenge that I love to participate in.  The rules are pretty simple- just create something within the month relating to that month's prompt.  Can be any kind of media- a poem or story, a photo, a painting--anything!--- whatever you would like to create that fits the theme for the month.  You can read about the Creativity Challenge here if you would like to play along:  http://acreativedreamer.blogspot.com/p/creativity-invitation.html


The prompt for July was "dream".  Wow!  What a great prompt!  I have to admit that the prompt scared me at first.  My brain went into overload and was way tooooo serious right from the beginning.  I was frozen and I couldn't even begin to think what I would make that would do this prompt justice.  However.......after some excellent advice from friends and some pondering I came up with a couple of pieces.  The first piece is one I made after telling myself that I was being too serious, and I just needed to come at this prompt from a silly point of view.  So........here is my version of what I think my chickens must dream about when they fall to sleep at night :) Mmmmmm- gourmet worms- a chicken's favorite dream.

After I finished this piece I decided that I would attempt to do a more serious piece in my art journal.  When I was a little girl I had big dreams about exactly how my life would turn out.  Those dreams did not happen for me, but other dreams replaced them and that is part of what makes life so interesting and worth living and I really wouldn't have things any other way.



Please pop on over and visit June's blog after the first of August to see what everyone else has created for the Creativity Challenge :)  Thank you for doing these June!!!

21 comments:

Zlatica said...

This is an interesting challenge - and your contributions are amazing! You are a talented lady, Kim. :)
PS: Thank you for your supportive words.

Ascension said...

Gracias por el enlace!!!
Es una maravilla y me ha encantado ver lo que sueña tu gallina (con gusanos jejeje
Me encanta tu imaginacion y tu creatividad.
besitos ascension

Dani said...

Hi Kimmy, am glad all went right , think you didn't got my offline message ?...thanks for your sweet words, had really a down day today, could cry all day...you know such days, your chickens painting is beautiful and i got tears in my eyes from the other one...a draw from the heart ...you had been a mother of the world thats for sure...much love Dani xxxx

viewsbychris.blogspot.com said...

Hi Kim,
I think I get why you were stuck. Obviously-you had something to work through a bit. You never know what life will bring you- the gifts- the challenges. Thanks for sharing.

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

Oh how beautiful Kim! And I admire the way you made two completely different pieces but so evocative of the word.
Maia

kibbygirl said...

I really love the chicken picture. I think you did a great job on it. The colours are beautiful and seeing a chicken dreaming of a worm makes me smile! The second picture is wonderful too, very emotional. Don't we all have something we used to dream about that stayed a dream? Thanks for sharing these with us.

dale said...

(((Kim)))

The chicken with the worm dreams is way too cute! :)

The next drawing is absolutely beautiful. :)

Sans! said...

Yes, I too see how the chicken piece must come first. It is interesting for me that I see the chicken as a mother hen :):). It made me light and laughed out loud.

I was therefore a little surprised at my feelings when I saw the 2nd picture. The change was almost immediate after I read your words. I was very, very moved, Kim. You are such a gentle soul. I have enjoyed your presentation very much. If this is a school project and I am the teacher, you would have gotten a A+++++++++. I would then sit down in your place after I grade your papers and ask you to teach instead :).

Kim said...

Zlatica- thank you- so sweet and really means a lot to me since I think you are incredibly talented ♥

Ascension- thank you so much!!! ((hugs))

Dani- ♥♥♥ this too will pass sweetie- hang in there. Thank you for your sweet words- you make me so happy ♥

Chris- thank you- you were one of the friends that was a big help to me in figuring out what to do for this prompt ♥

Maia- another artist I greatly admire- thank you for your sweet words!

Kibbygirl ♥ Thanks! I think we all do have dreams no one guesses we have- sometimes I am brave and share a little of mine :)

Dale- thank you!! I'm sending you a hug too ♥♥

Sans- I swear you can make anyone feel so much better with your words! What a wonderful comment- I'm so glad I was brave enough to create that page and share it with my friends ♥

Cinderella Moments said...

Both your creations are so sweet! That second one is very emotional! Great job!

Caroline

Briarwood Miniatures said...

You're very talented, my friend. I really love both these pieces. Thanks for sharing them.

Hugs, Cia

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the dreaming chicken. So cute!

I had the same reaction when I heard the challenge was "Dream". But like you, once I relaxed about it, the ideas just flowed.

I can't wait to see what else this prompt inspired.

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I loved reading the comment you left on my blog Kim, thank you. It is funny that you imagined me like this. :)
Have a wonderful weekend,
Maia

Papillon Bleu said...

The first made me laugh, the second made me sigh...so much in common Kim.

Super extra giant hugs!
XO

PAKY said...

Thank you very much for the link, I think you're so creative and have active imagination, which is perfect for miniatures and crafts...hugs

Limar said...

The chicken piece is very sweet and fun, and your journaling page is really very touching. I'm glad you are at peace with your life :)

Trish said...

Your answers to the July challenge were amazing - two completely different takes....the darling chicken made me laugh, and the journal entry was so poignant....sent me on my own little journey down memory lane....
It is so neat to see such wonderful creativity!

beyondbaffled said...

Both of these are great - you are so talented :)

Kim said...

Thank you all!!!! I love these creativity prompts- really makes sure I get something creative done each month that I have to think about and makes me stretch myself a bit :)

Tallulah Belle said...

Love the chicken and the worm lol You are so funny.

And the journal pic...thanks for sharing that with us....you can tell it really came from the heart xxx

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I love both pieces, especially the chicken. Fresh eggs are the best. I also like the prompt idea but won't join til after Oct. :D