Monday, July 26, 2010

Caterina's holiday swap

*****Sans- I tried to post this over the weekend but my poor old dying computer at home would not work for me- sorry I am so late!*******

Look at the wonderful items I recieved from Sans in the "Holiday Swap" held by Caterina!!!! For Holiday Sans has chosen for me to visit The Maharajah's Palace. I love them!!! I wish you could see the detail on the tiny little slippers in person, and the hat and bag are just too fabulous! I have been moving them around from project to project trying to decide where to put them. I like how they look in the bedroom of my flower shop dollhouse.....but I'm also considering making them their own roombox because I would love to give them center of attention somewhere. Thank you soooo much Sans- I love them so much- and the colors are absolutely perfect- I'm so glad we met through this swap-what a wonderful friend I have made! A big thank you to Caterina also for hosting another fabulous swap :)


Here are the items I sent to Nina for Caterina's swap. My dream vacation would be to see my penpal Dani in The Netherlands so I sent Nina a picnic basket with wine, cheese and bread, a basket of tulips we picked at the gardens, a raincoat in case the rain comes and a purse with euros and a passport.  I'm thankful for these swaps because they give me a chance to stretch myself and learn new things.  Thank you Nina for your sweet comments on what I sent to you- I'm glad you liked them- it's always a little nerve racking for me to make minis to give to someone else :)

11 comments:

Claudia said...

These are so lovely. Love the little slippers from Sans and your creations are incredible, Kim! All of you amaze me. Hope to get back to my own dollhouse soon.

xo
Claudia

Fiver said...

What a cool swap. I kept seeing this "holiday swap" on my dashboard and wasn't sure what it was all about. Being the dumbass I am, I guess I didn't bother reading about it until now, LOL. What a fun idea.
I love what Sans made for you, they're gorgeous! And all the minis you made for Nina are awesome Kim!

beyondbaffled said...

Oh I'm so jealous! What beautiful things you recieved and also what beautiful things you made! I adore the rain coat and would love to know how you made it :)

Cinderella Moments said...

Love all those! The raincoat is cool! And the basket and...everything!

Sans! said...

I am glad that you like my Japanese, mitchy-matchy accessories :). I always see Japanese tourists here donned out like this :). They look real cute too and very vacationish :).

But the best thing is of course is "the beginning of a beautiful friendship"! :)

Oooooh, your raincoat is just soooo cute!

Sans! said...

Can I also thank everyone here for the sweetest compliments ? Thank you! Poor Kim, I think I am the only one who made exactly 3 things ..everyone else did like 30! :(

But she is so gracious about it! Thank you, Kim :)

dale said...

Kim that rain coat is a gas! I absolutely love it and how clever are you?! :) You made some wonderful minis!. :)

I'm so glad you have gotten to meet Sans! Kim, you would love her in person. :)

I think Sans wants us all to have something Indian, lol ;) When I first started following her, I thought she was. Too funny! ;)

Kim, make an Indian room setting, you will have so much fun. :)

PAKY said...

There are fantastic gifts, I love the raincoat!

ittybittyandpretty said...

i love swaps! i havent joined one in a while but the anticipation of receiving a gift is almost as good as gathering one to send.
love your pics
xxrosey

Kim said...

thank you for your compliments for both me and Sans everyone!

Kristy- LOL! Sometimes I don't know what other bloggers are talking about too-there are so many awesome mini blogs out there! Wish I had enough time to do more swaps- they are so fun!

Jessie- I made the raincoat out of a kitchen glove. I had to use super glue because I couldn't figure out how to sew it and I messed that up a bit- you can't see that part in the picture :) Email me if you want to try it out and I'll send you some more info :)

oh Sans- you mean I cannot imagine you wearing these items? I absolutely adore them and I think I have decided they need their own roombox- but now I have to start collecting and planning and researching too! I think many visits to your blog will be coming up! Thank you again so much my wonderful new friend!!!

Eileen Bergen said...

Oh my, you did a fantastic job! I love the little yellow rain slicker. Just precious.