Thursday, June 3, 2010

Healthy Thinking Thursdays


It's thursday!  I have to fess up and tell you that I have not been concentrating on healthy thinking too much.  I have not been sitting around, so I don't feel like I am failing- it's just that I have been flower gardening, trying to form a bond with my new chickens (how ridiculous does that sound-I'm a dork sometimes), working on new garden beds with my hubby in the veggie garden, re-staining the deck, etc, etc, etc.  I really spend as much time as I can outdoors in the summer because in Minnesota you have to use every second of good weather you can and store it up to remember when the cold weather comes :)  I've been eating well because we eat far less in the summertime- but I still have not braved the scale.  I think I am only half committed to healthy thinking thursdays because I just can't face that scale.  Maybe I need to go back to weight watchers again.  Anyways, my goal for this week is to push back some of the gardening and other things and get back into taking a walk for 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week.  I'm thinking I could even just try to get myself used to waking up earlier on those days and doing this in the morning.  I apologize because I don't even have any healthy tips for this week- been too busy planting beans, corn and cucumbers :)  If you have a moment please visit my friend Laura at http://sunshineshangout.blogspot.com/2010/06/healthy-thinking-thursday.html today and give her a big congratulations because she has hit her goal and I am very, very proud of her! My friend Angie from http://www.sacrificialdiet.com/ also sometimes posts about healthy thinking and Jessie from http://beyondbaffled.blogspot.com/ also posts sometimes.  Hope you have a fabulous day!!!!  Congrats again Laura- you rock girl!!!!!!!

9 comments:

sunshine said...

Life can get in the way of looking after ourselves for sure!
I'm guilty of that as well. Especially lately. Being on the road ALL the time with the kids going here and there has got me making some bad choices. I need to pull it together. I also need to get out walking more.

Thanks for the shout out! I couldn't believe it when I got on the scale this morning and it said I had lost 25 pounds! I'm so excited.
Don't worry about the scale. You're beautiful!!! :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Julia said...

I feel like a failure since I have given up my fat fighting Fridays, but I just haven't had the time or the "want to" to keep up with all of this stuff. I have been able to keep my weight steady even with visiting my girls, a funeral, my mom's issues, etc.... so maybe I'll be able to really concentrate on all of this after some of the things in my life settle down. I did go to yoga and to swim at my friend's house. Then we ate low fat hotdogs!

sunshine said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I can't believe I forgot!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Bitch!!!!! :P

I'm so happy that you are older than me again! :P

Hope that your day is awesome. Anything cool planned or are you waiting for the weekend??

Love ya!

((Hugs))
Laura

PonderandStitch said...

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to walk to work whenever weather permits, and my legs/thighs are totally toning up and I'm losing weight. My walk to work is only 15 minutes, and I walk home on my lunch break and pick up my car for the way back. So that's 30 minutes a day. Julia and I have been taking walks at night, too. All the walking is doing SO much good!

Angela said...

You have given us a healthy tip girl..keep your self busy outdoors and your mind won't be focused so much on the food!

Angela said...

Ok,,I didn't know it was your birthday until Laura said Happy birthday bitch..LOL..

Happy birthday bitch, for being younger than me,,LOL....I guess I'm the old fart around the three of us !

((hugs))

Jean Day said...

I love your Healthy Thinking Thursdays, very inspirational! Thanks for the reminder to get out walking. We line dance 2 to 3 times a week which is so much fun, but walking feels really great too. We bought electric bikes last year but I still haven't got out on it this year yet, I always have some excuse, lol. Mini Hugs, Jean

Kim-Anh Nguyen ART said...

Hi Kim <3
thank you so much for your lovely comment and your vote for the sharpie contest :) you rock!!!
have a nice weekend
x
Kim

Katie said...

Hey you! Considering you were the first person to guess the shower right, I sending you some mini mail, too! I do believe I already have your address....so I just wanted you to know I'll be getting that in the mail here soon!

Katie