Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I've been up to

I didn't get a project done this week.  I have been working on some works in progress though.  On the bus I decided I did not want to spend the money on a fridge so I decided to create my own.  I'm not too far on it, I hope to cover it in some paper clay and make it a little domed, like a vintage fridge.  I painted the first chair and dirtied up the chair and the table, but I'm not sure I'm really satisfied with the chair and I might re-do that.  I also created some feet for the large bug lady and made her a banner to hold.  I need to do a bit more painting on her and bug lady will finally be finished and the proper guardian of my work room :)  I've been out in the garden most other times, I 'm really trying to get ahead of the weeds, and I think I might try that Preen I always see commercials for and see if it works.  Does anyone else have any experience with Preen?  Tomorrow I am going to see "How to Train Your Dragon" with a friends little girl.   She is so excited-it's super cute.  I can taste the popcorn already!  Hope you're having a great weekend too!!!!

10 comments:

dale said...

It's looking good! :)

I got out in the garden, too this week. :)

I've never heard of preen.

I mulch heavily in the spring and sometimes the fall too. That really helps with the weeds. I weed about once a month over the summer and it's easiest after a good rain.

I hear that movie is really good. Enjoy! :)

Briarwood Miniatures said...

It's coming along great, Kim. I like the table and chairs. Clever on the fridge, too.

Gardening is good for the soul. Enjoy the movie!

Hugs,
Cia

Petite Wonders said...

I also am struggling with weeds - everywhere including on the backyard patio. I haven't tried Preen on my weeds. Seems like none of the weed killers from Lowes or Home Depot work...

Peach Blossom Hill said...

So clever to make your own fridge for the bus!

I haven't used Preen. Weeds, briars, poison ivy are our constant foe here on our farm and thistle in the fields is a menace. Dh uses really big, heavy duty, farm weed killer usually everywhere. (Of course, approved for agricultural application!)

Hope you have fun at the movies--or had fun!

Jody

Ara said...

I LOVE your girl! I think she's gorgeous! I also think you're super brave for trying to make a fridge! Its looking great and I can't wait to see it finished!

beyondbaffled said...

I <3 the Bug Lady!

Angela said...

I've been meaning to come here to say I love that bug lady. I thought she was a fairy actually, lol. daaaaaa me...

Kim said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! I guess a few weeds is a lot better than dealing with poison ivy Jody!! Thank goodness I don't have that creeping into my garden- although I think there is some growing in our back woods. Angela- she does look a bit like a fairy too :)

Jessie- I can't find your email addy in my mailbox- think I need to do some cleaning! Anyhow- I wanted to let you know that the word verification on your blog comes up funny- you cannot see the box to type the word so therefore you cannot leave a comment. Don't know if it's just my computer or not, but thought I would mention it :) Love your new blog style!!

beyondbaffled said...

Kim thanks for letting me know! I was kind of disappointed at first. I know it had been a while since I had blogged, but then I started back and wasn't getting any comments at all! I'm working right now to fix it I hope :)
I'll send you my email again as well.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I can't wait to see more pics of your garden. I do miss having my own. Glad you're feeling better between the ups and downs. You're not alone on that.

I think it's amazing how you're making things on your own for your bus. It just makes me smile. Thanks for the health tips too.