Did you know....
Every day more than 4,000 children in developing countries die, simply because they don't have clean drinking water.
* Contaminated drinking water is a major problem. More than one billion people do not have access to safe water.
* Diarrhea caused by drinking contaminated water remains a leading cause of illness and death among infants and children in the developing world.
* About 1.8 million children die every year due to diarrheal diseases.
* More children die from diarrheal illnesses like cholera and dysentery than from HIV/AIDS or malaria combined.
* It is well documented that simply providing safe, clean, drinkable water can reduce deadly diarrhea and other devastating diseases by about 50%.
When you and I need a drink we can just flip on the tap and know that water is safe to drink.
Can you imagine having to walk miles to collect water to drink.
or drinking water from a lake in which cows freely roam.
I can't and it breaks my heart that I cannot just wave a wand and put an end to this right now.
But there is something we can do.
20 packets of Pur water purifier will provide one child with clean water for 100 days yet only costs $2.
To enter this giveaway I ask that you please donate $2 directly to the charity that does this wonderful work.
That is direct from Jayne's blog-- you can travel over to see her and donate to enter her give away-and to check out the amazing prizes she has for this giveaway, or you can just donate without entering just because this is a great cause. There is a link to the donation page right above my picture there on the sidebar or you can click here: http://www.csdw.org/csdw/home.shtml
Thanks in advance if you donate and Thank you to Jayne for raising awareness to a great cause that is so easy to donate to. Should be back to normal blogging next week- I've missed it!!