Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Back- Bus, Patio and Garden Eye Candy

I'm back from my little break.  I'm not really any further ahead with anything than I was two weeks ago, but my mind is clearer and my home is a little less of a disaster area :) Hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping up with things.  I've been working on miniatures in tiny little bits- moving at a snails pace!  Here are some new pictures of the bus.  Still no pig to live here yet, but we now have a toilet, a formica counter around the sink, a formica dining table and a brand new driver's seat.  I need to finish the shower stall and make a shower curtain and I need to repaint the bathroom door where you can see I've ripped the cardboard!  I also need to add more accessories than just the newspaper on the floor- I want it to be really messy!  I started printing off some prinites in food containers to have strewn all over the place, but lots more work to do there too.  How could I forget-need a fridge also!!

I have also started to work on finishing the rooftop patio of the Bakery addition to my other dollhouse.  I want to put down a flooring here that will look like slate, but I have not started that yet.  Instead I made pots for flowers, because that is way more fun than working on a floor!  I made the little trellis in the corner and that will eventually get a climbing clematis that I bought a kit for.  The other pots will have paper flowers also- but it all may be awhile in coming together since I'm not too quick with those little paper flowers yet!  Last, I wanted to pop a couple of pictures of my real garden up--not much to look at right now, but I like to have pictures throughout the season because I think it is fun to see the differences in seasons.  Hope all my wonderful friends had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

20 comments:

Meli said...

Kim, glad that you are back and feeling better!!!
Your work is wonderful and love how the bus is looking!
Meli

Zlatica said...

Hi, Kim! Nice to hear from you again. Your little bus looks great. I admire your mini-world skills.
It´s a great idea to take pictures of your changing garden.

Zlatica

dale said...

Hi Kim, glad you are back.:)

Your mini work is coming along great.

Your back yard is fabulous!

Glenda said...

Welcome back, Kim!

Jill said...

Your patio deck is awesome-- love that furniture!!!
Good to see you in blogland again!
Hugs,
Jill

viewsbychris.blogspot.com said...

Yay! She's back and back at it!

Deni said...

So nice to see your back Kim " Slow and easy wins the race" mmmmm I wonder who said that!
I like to gallop through.... but my inclination leaves me most times before I begin the race hahahaha!
Especially when I can't find the items to make the things !! my days start with... "I wonder where I put that"" lol so after searching around, sometimes I find, sometimes not. then I loose my train of thought and end up doing other things in real life! lol

Kathi said...

Hi Kim! Love what you are doing with the bus! I can't wait to start on my trailer. I'm thinking it will be years before I finish the beach house but it's fun to dream!

sunshine said...

I am SO glad that you are back!
I've been so very lonely. :(

Love the garden pic's! :) Everything is looking good!

The bus is coming along great. That toilet is a disgrace!!! (in a good piggy way).

Yay! Kimmy!!!!

((Hugs))
Laura

Papillon Bleu said...

Welcome back on Blogland Minnesota Girl!
Your garden is beautiful!
I don't have the patience with flowers. I love flowers that don't require too much attention because I am not always home. But I do love them sooooooooooooooooo muc!
I can't wait to see the result when they will, have bloom.
Big big hugs to you.
XO

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

It's nice to have you back. :) Your two projects are coming along so nicely!
And yes, it's lovely to see nature change through the seasons. I look out my window every day several times a day to see how the flowers are growing and changing. :)
Maia

Briarwood Miniatures said...

Welcome back, Kim! Hugs!

Cia

Doreen said...

Welcome back. I missed you. Your bus is coming along great and if you can not find a pig to take up residence, what about another animal like a hedgehog? and your roof patio is looking terrific. Did you make the fire pit?

I love seeing the pictures of your garden as I always compare it to mine.

Tallulah Belle said...

Welcome back...the bus is looking fab.

You made me remember I got some little Formica samples from Menards that were great for minis.

Your garden looks splendid....it wont be long now before it is in full bloom.

Have fun with the clematis :-)

Jean Day said...

Great to see you back, really enjoyed looking at your garden and your bus is coming along beautifully!

Norma said...

Hello Kim, thanks for popping by my blog - keep trying with those little birdcages!!

ittybittyandpretty said...

boy oh boy your work is good...it looks so real!
isnt it amazing how quickly the house turns into a mess. if i dont tidy for one day i have to spend at least 2 days to catch up! mothers day was nice but monday and tuesday were spent washing etc....
xx

Kim said...

Thank you all sooo much for the welcome back wishes. I really missed blogging-but was glad to catch up with life :) You are all really the greatest friends ever!!!

Melly Kay said...

everything is looking good! i wanna come play in the garden ;)

Melly Kay said...

and of course, WELCOME BACK!!!