Thursday, May 20, 2010

Healthy Thinking Thursdays

Time for Healthy Thinking Thursdays!!  I still have not stepped on that scale!  Can you believe it- I just cannot force myself to do it.  I know I have not gained because my pants are finally looser, but I am just such a bundle of emotions lately- one day way up, the next way down, the next angry, the next sobbing, the next sooooo excited and optimistic.  I just feel this need to keep weight issues out of the whole package and continue to concentrate on eating well and trying to keep my emotions in check.  I have to admit that summer makes eating so much easier for me.  We usually grill most nights and it is so easy to throw some veggies together in foil with a couple sprays of Pam to keep it from sticking.  We snack on fruits much more in summer than in the winter and we seem to eat a lot of salads just because we don't want to take the time to make huge meals.  Maybe my whole problem is that I need to move somewhere where it stays warmer for longer chunks of the year!  I've been on the eliptical machine most days- and the days I have not been it is because I have been working out in the garden from the second I get home from work until it is dark and my hubby forces me to come indoors :)    I'm feeling healthy physically, so I think I'm doing pretty well.  Now....for some healthy info I found this week in prevention magazine.....  Studies show you are more likely to work out if you focus on how to work out instead of why to work out.  One group in the study listed why exercise was good for them.  The other group listed how they could get more exercise- small tips like keeping walking shoes in the car, etc.  After 2 months the "how" group was excercising 25 minutes more per week than the "why" group.  The study also feels focusing on how helped that group overcome their obstacles and stick with it.  This is good news for a list maker and planner like me.  So, that's it for this Thursday.  Please visit my friends to see how they are doing this week too :)
Laura from http://sunshineshangout.blogspot.com
Angela from http://www.sacrificialdiet.com/
Jessie from http://beyondbaffled.blogspot.com/
and Julia does Fat Fighting Fridays http://juliassewsweetandspecial.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

Thank you for all the ideas you gave me for my little drawers. :)
Maia

LENIRA said...

Seja bem vinda,amiga!Fiquei feliz em ter você também seguindo meu blog.Suas minis estão perfeitas!Muito lindas!Beijos desde Brasil.

Petite Wonders said...

Great advice to eat healthy though my laziness always win over positive thinking. Frozen food is usually what we get for dinner...

sunshine said...

Well, if your clothes are getting looser then, you're losing weight!
Yay!!!

We usually eat better in the warmer months as well.
Count me in on the move to a nicer climate year round. :P

I've been feeling much the same way as you lately. Moody.
I swear, I'm down to about 2 good days a month!
If I told you how many times I've thought about deleting my blog this week (yes, we're back to that bullshit again. :P ) you'd be shocked!

Keep up the great work Kim! It sounds like you are doing a great job. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Angela said...

The exercise is the last thing that needs to be implemented in my life on a steady and consistent basis. I feel SO amazing when and after I do exercise, I just haven't gotten to the point of doing it on a regularly basis. I'm not going to beat myself up though (hmmm,,maybe that is some form of exercise,lol) because I know I will get to that place eventually. Cripe, if I can get to the place of losing over 110 lbs, adding exercise will come too.So I will relax and not stress about it but look forwarding to that time to come! IT WILL COME!

beyondbaffled said...

Not to be nosey or anything, but when you mentioned the big ups and downs in your emotions it kind of struck a chord with me. My doctor put me on some medicine that is meant to help with bipolar disorder. My downs sometimes are unbearable and my ups sometimes are even worse. Sometimes I have such a feeling of elation that I am just up up up to the point that I can't bring myself back to just a happy medium. It's during those times that I tend to do things that aren't necessarilly responsible and not things I would normally do - for example spending money that I don't have. You may not be anything like this, but I just thought I would share.