Friday, April 16, 2010

SOFTIES FOR SHELBY!!!! (project of the week)



This week for my project of the week I have been working on a couple of stuffed animals for Softies For Shelby.  Shelby is the young daughter of Lori from Oh Mini of Mine and she is battling some health problems right now.  She could use some cheering up as she is also in pain due to a fractured femur!  Carey from http://chicorynits.blogspot.com is collecting stuffed toys to send to Shelby--you can read more about this here:  http://softiesforshelby.blogspot.com/  I made a little boy and girl dog- from a simple pattern I found for free on the web.  If you have some extra time and would like to make something to cheer up a sick little girl please visit Carey's blog.  You can find the info on where to send your finished item as well as see some of the other wonderful plushies other people have made.  Thank you Carey for asking me if I would join in- these were really fun to make- I hope that Shelby likes them :)

14 comments:

Julia said...

What is the deadline for these softies? I want to make one, but I just haven't had time, yet. I understand the crankiness! I would like to just go through the rest of my life and eat and do whatever I want to do and whenever I want to do it. I understand the MIL thing, too. Yes, you can tell her you'll do it when you are finished with your stuff! Or, better yet, tell her you don't have time. This is easy for me to say, but I'm like you, I'd be "Johnny on the spot" doing whatever my MIL, FIL, Mom asked me to do. My husband too. He's at his dad's now sitting with his mom so his dad can PLAY with the broken tractor!!!!

beyondbaffled said...

Cute dog couple!

sunshine said...

They are SO sweet! I am sure that Shelby will love them. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

Julia- I believe she wanted to have them by April 22nd.

Thank you to all for your compliments- wish I was better at sewing so I could have made a jointed plushie- but I knew it would take me at least a month to make something like that! Flat is much easier for me :)

kimsminiatures said...

So adorable Kim. Shelby and Lori will love them. They like doggies at their house. Hugs~ Kim

Zlatica said...

Kim, you are so tallented!
Shelby will love them for sure.

Natascha said...

Kim do i have to make one or do your need a pattern?

i have allready one a very little elefant.

Where to can i send it?

Greetings Natascha

Kim said...

Hi Natasha- I don't see an email address for you so hope you get this reply.....you can make anything you like- an elephant would be great! If you go to this website
http://softiesforshelby.blogspot.com/
and look up by the top corner Carey's address is there. If you cannot find it email me at flowerarts@gmail.com and I will gladly send you the address in an email :) I am so glad you are thinking of sending something too- thank you!!!

Kim and Zlatica- thank you so much for your comments- you are so sweet!!

dale said...

This is just the sweetest idea.

joy said...

I love them, Shelby will too ♥

Natascha said...

Hello Kim,

Thanks i will look for the adress on the site and send a elefant ( very little)

Bye Natascha

Natascha said...

Kim, i wrote the adress on a envelop but , I think that's not before 22 april in New York because the airplanes are not flying in the Netherland. The problem is the volcano on Iceland. There to much dust in the air so they cant't fly. But i sent it an hope it's right on time. So not i hope the little elefant comes another time by Selby

Greetings Natascha

Jean Day said...

Those are so adorable!!! I've got to get mine made too, making up my mind of what to do is always the hardest part!

Carey said...

These are just so cute. I am sure Shelby will love them. Thanks so much for participating. I will post them on the Shelby blog tonight.
Hugs,
Carey