Friday, April 2, 2010

Project of the Week April 2

This week for my project I am following this tutorial for making a purse out of an old book cover:  http://www.hungrypanda.net/blog/2010/02/book-purse-tutorial/ .  I differed a bit because I did not have any purse handles, so I made my own out of wire and beads.  I also didn't like the way the book title looked, so I made a beaded medallion for the front of the purse.  I kinda like how it turned out, and I made the entire project in about 4 hours, so it was nice and quick.  The thing that took the longest was waiting for glue to dry.  I'd love to give this away to someone, so if you like the way it looks and you would like a chance to own it just leave me a comment telling me your favorite spring flower.  My garden is still brown- just tiny little hints of green-but flowers are on my mind already!   I'll take comments for the give-away  until next Friday the 9th and then I will draw and announce a winner on Saturday the 10th.   Thanks for visiting !!!

11 comments:

Julia said...

My favorite spring flower has to be the blooms on my forsythia bushes. I love, love, love the bright yellow after a long dreary winter. I'm sorry that I forgot to link to your blog on my Fat Fighting Friday blog today.

Angela said...

OH MY GOSH girl..my mouth is hanging open..I'm in awe..I just love it. I can't believe it was made out of books..That is just too amazing. Your so talented Kim...I wish I lived close by so you could give me 'art classes' in your beautiful studio...

Blessed Easter to you and yours...

Dani said...

Daisy's Kim ...i love them...but i love more then one flower...what a geat job you did with a cover from an old book...really cool ..can you send me the link ;)...speak to you soon, have a lovely weekend and easter Xxxx

sunshine said...

That is amazing Kim! It's so cute!
I know a pretty princess that would just love that so I will tell you that my favourite Spring flower is Tulips!

((hugs))
Laura

Claudia said...

Beautiful, Kim! You always amaze me. Favorite spring flower has to be tulips, but a close second are purple hyacinths.

xo
Claudia

Kristin said...

Kim, what a beautiful little gem this is, thanks for sharing. Good luck with your garden :)

K

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I love the purse Kim! How nice of you to give us a chance to win it!
I don't know if I have a favorite flower of Spring as I love them all, but as the first to appear after winter are the cherry tree blossoms, I'll pick this one!
Happy Easter,
Maia

Melly Kay said...

wow this is amazing!! love it :D

i loooove any kind of lily!!

De said...

What a pretty little purse, Kim! My favorite spring flower is lilac...but I love the very first crocus of spring. :-)

Jenny said...

Wow, this is amazing. You continue to make my jaw drop open in astonishment with your many, many talents!

Kim said...

Thanks all! This project was really fun ♥