Saturday, April 10, 2010

Project of the week and a Winner!

I've been working on lots of different projects this week, so I had not even started a "project of the week" until this morning.  The other day Anna from http://miniannalee.blogspot.com posted a tutorial for a cute mini bear made from pipe cleaners and I knew I wanted to try it out.  Here is the link to the tutorial if you would like to try too:  http://miniannalee.blogspot.com/2010/04/tutorial-pipe-cleaner-bear.html 

I didn't have any black beads tiny enough for the eyes, so I just painted the eyes and nose on this one- but I think it would be more cute with the beads for eyes.  Amelie has already claimed him so I guess I'll have  to make a couple more for the flower shop. Thanks for such a great tutorial Anna- so clear and easy to follow and so fun!

  Last week I made a little purse out of an old book and I was doing a give-away for it.  I put all of the names in a bowl and had my hubby pick a name.  This lady has really good luck because this is the second time her name has been pulled!  Julia- you are the winner of the little purse.  I am not sure if I still have your addy in my email so if you could would you please send me your address again?


I've also been doing a little bit of work on the bus.  I have the back glued on now and I constructed a little bathroom out of foam core.  I'm working on the dashboard-I'm thinking I might try to make a little cb radio with a cord on there too.  I need to paint the dials in the circles and finish painting the steering wheel.  Now I'm going back outside to the garden- it is gorgeous in Minnesota today and I am taking advantage of that!  I actually have some little grape hyacinth coming up and some tulips coming up- if we would get a spot of rain I bet things would turn green in my garden quickly!!  Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Just looking at your crafts relax me..I can only imagine what it does for you as you make them...

beyondbaffled said...

Love the bear - I want to try Anna's tut as well. I love the idea of a cb radio for the bus as well :)

Julia said...

How lucky can a girl be? Wow! I can't believe I've won this little purse. You are too kind!! You are so good to always link to my blog on your Healthy Thursday blogs and I keep forgetting to link to yours on Fridays. I will definitely link to it next week. I'll send my address again. My little pup is sitting right where he can oversee all of my sewing!!!!

sunshine said...

I love that little bear. I don't know how you have the patience to work on something that small though. I'd be lighting a match to it probably. :P

The bus is coming along so well! Can I go for a ride when it's done?

((Hugs))
Laura

Briarwood Miniatures said...

Great job on the bear, Kim! I need to try that tut, too. Love those little animals.

Cia

Kim said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! I've been sneaking in whatever little spare moments I can for the bus- this spring seems so busy! Laura--of course you can come for a ride on the bus- but I still have not made those Laura and Kim dolls! Maybe I should schedule them for a project of the week!