Thursday, March 11, 2010

Healthy Thinking Thursday and New Followers!

It's Healthy Thinking Thursday today, but first I would like to introduce and welcome some new followers to my blog.

First there is Christine from Chronicles of an Unusual Girl Named Christine   Christine is an amazing artist  -she has been doing some incredible sculpting with paper clay and mixed media.  I am glad Christine stopped by to visit me because I adore her personality and I am glad I can now follow her blog and keep up with what she is creating- she is very inspiring and makes me want to go make art!  Please stop over and say hello to her and check out her wonderful artwork!!  You rock Chrisitne ♥

Next is http://hawaiikawaii.blogspot.com/  I went to take a look at this blog because I had heard other blogs talking about it and I just had to follow because it is so dang cute, cute, cute!!  Thanks for visiting me also!!!

Last is http://myrealitty.blogspot.com/  This is a dollhouse blog.  She says she has 20 dollhouses so here is a person even more addicted to minis than I am!  I will remember this to tell my husband when he asks me why there is another unmade dollhouse kit under the bed!  In her blog she has recently been showcasing some pictures of her Colonial dollhouse and they are very striking!  I look forward to following your blog also- so glad you came to visit me!!

Now....on to this week's Healthy Thinking Thursday.
Last week I had decided not to lie at all when doing healthy thinking thursday.  Having said that...I don't have much in the way of good news this week either.  I have been making sure we have a vegetable with our dinner every night.  I have been cooking our food at home this week instead of fast food.  However, my husband and I both have some kind of a cold/flu that my Mother-In-Law passed on to us, so my exercise has been sporadic.  My main exercise this last week is managing to keep up with the laundry and keeping the house clean in between trying to find some kind of new routine with my Mother-In-Law.  I'm not complaining- it is just that I am a creature of schedules and lists, so a new routine coupled with feeling under the weather has really been doing a dis-service to my healthy living.  I didn't step on the scale this week either- but we have been eating really light because we don't feel well and my jeans feel looser than they have in months, so I am thinking I may be down a bit in weight.  Spring is coming, warm weather is coming, Mother-In-Law will be settled into a routine soon---sooo there is a light somewhere at the end of the tunnel.  Here are some tips for this week's healthy living that I am going to try out this week.

1.  Chew some gum after dinner.  I think this one will help me a lot because I have a bad habit of dessert.  My brain thinks I need dessert even if I am stuffed full- but I think it is the sweet I want the most- so if I buy different flavors of gum and chew some after I eat dinner I am hoping I can start to curb this habit. 

2.  Start drinking V-8 juice again.  This one is specific to my problems- I just read that new studies show drinking 1-2 glasses of vegetable juice daily may help boost weight loss and lower your blood pressure.  I really need to work on lowering my blood pressure. 

3. Here is a good one that I really plan to try this week and see how much it helps me out....Make TV a non-food activity.  I am guilty of mindlessly eating in front of the tv way too often and I know it is part of why I struggle with my weight over the winter but don't seem to struggle as  hard in the summer.  In the summer I am outside instead of in front of the tv.

Anyhow- that's how this week went.  Come visit me tomorrow when I show you what I have been working on for my Project of the Week.

8 comments:

sunshine said...

So sorry that you have been sick Kim.
I'd say something mean about Mother in laws but, since I will be one someday, I'll keep my trap shut. :P

Looser jeans is a great sign. It feels good when things start to fit again, doesn't it?

I really like the V8 juice idea. I don't have high blood pressure but, do need to lose weigh so... I may buy some! It can't hurt.

I did pretty awful this past week. As you know I'm "taking a break" from blogging for a week so I will report back next Thursday. We are going on some holidays though so, I don't anticipate good things... :P

All the best in the upcoming week. It sounds like you are doing really well to me!

((Hugs))
laura

Tallulah Belle said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty good even with being sick and the change of routine.

And you'll get a boost when it is warm enough to go out and exercise.

Hope you feel lots better soon xx

Angela said...

Hey Kim, I just love how you share the link to those that begin following you. I remember noticing that awhile back and thought, 'what a great idea'.

I wanted to give you a head's up..First I had to run upstairs to confirm with Randy (hubby). Last week he was told to get off the V8..Randy also has high blood pressure and the Dr. told him that V8 is still too loaded with the salt and is not working in helping lower his high blood pressure.

Like you, Randy read the same thing about the veggie juice. I think now he is going to have to find something that is similar but not so loaded He was even drinking the 'low sodium' V8 but that didn't help...

Great tips for the healthy thinking...oh girl, today is an absolutely gorgeous day here a few hours away from laura's house,LOL..Still some snow on the ground, if you can call the yucky looking brown, stuff snow, but it is so warm outside...I'm feelin the spring

Kim said...

Thanks gals! Laura- love you girl- sending you loads of good vibes for vacation- I know it's hard to eat good on vacation!

Jayne- thank you so much! I think you are right- as soon as the weather is nicer I will probably walk every single day- there's a walking path right across from my work but right now it's still so icy!

Angela- Thank you for the heads up! I bought some low sodium V-8 thinking I would be ok so I am glad you commented here! If you find or know good tips for lowering your blood pressure in healthy ways I would LOVE to hear them-really trying to avoid having to take medication if I can help it. It's been raining all week here in Minnesota- but that is good because it's melting our snow too :)

Briarwood Miniatures said...

Kim, hope you're feeling better. Did you get your package yet? It should have arrived by now. Let me know!

Hugs,
Cia

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hey Kim,
Hope you're feeling better and I'm really itching to get to something mini. Will try some of your tips. See you have a Kreativ Blogger award already, I've nominated you again. Not expecting you to go through it again but it's my first award in awhile and I thought I'd participate. Thanks for showing up in my neighborhood.

Hawaii Kawaii said...

Thanks so much for all the nice words, I'm so glad you like my blog.

Funny I have the same problem, gaining in the winter time, I don't want to move at all when it's cold. Am looking forward to when the ice is gone and I can use my bike again.

Love Hawaii Kawaii

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Great tips, Kim! Thank you!

Jody