Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice In Wonderland....err I mean The White Rabbit In Wonderland

I'm late.....I'm late.....For a very important date.  No time to say "hello".  Goodbye.  I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!


My talented friend Patricia from http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com is creating a slideshow with an Alice In Wonderland theme to honor the upcoming launch of Tim Burton's film "Alice In Wonderland".  I was unsure what to make and Patricia suggested I attempt a White Rabbit in needle felting.  I am so glad she did because I had the MOST fun with this project.  Since I finished before the deadline of turning in pictures to Patricia I decided that the White Rabbit needed appropriate scenery for his debut also- so using an idea from Casey at http://caseymini.blogspot.com  I made him a backdrop from foam core.  Since I have been working on the White Rabbit for the last couple of weeks I am cheating and using him as my project of the week this week also :)  The White Rabbit would love to stop and chat with you, but as you can see......he is late!!  Have a great weekend and be sure to pop back over to Patricia's blog next week to see the slideshow- I can hardly wait!!
 

 

24 comments:

sunshine said...

Oh Kim!! It's so great!!! I love it.

I am REALLY looking forward to the movie too... Wheeeee!!!

((Hugs))
Laura

Julia said...

You keep on impressing me every week! The rabbit is unbelievably wonderful!! The background is too!

.... x hel x .... said...

I want him! lol ;0)

x hel x

beyondbaffled said...

Your rabbit is adorable! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about how my week has been going. I've been sick and missed a couple of days of work so I haven't been up to blogging. Sorry that I missed Healthy Thinking Thursdays, but I promise to be back next week!

Kim said...

Laura- I can't wait for your review! Thanks for the compliments sweetie!

Thank you Julia- I really liked working on this one :) I'm giving it to someone as a gift and I have to admit it will be hard to see this guy go!

Hel- best compliment evah! If I didn't already have him planned for someone I would have sent him your way!

Jessie- I am so sorry to hear you are sick! Don't worry about Healthy Thinking Thursdays- I was just hoping you were ok :) Get well soon girl--get lots of liquids and make your guy wait on you hand and foot♥

Claudia said...

Kim, this rabbit is fabulous! What a wonderful creation and you really caught that character beautifully! Love the backdrop, too.

xo
Claudia

Dani said...

KIM . he is .....SUPER COOL !! he is perfect ! great job xxxx Dani

Tallulah Belle said...

Excellent...I love the rabbit and the backdrop is just perfect.

You are getting good at this :-)

Melly Kay said...

KIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! love everything about it!!!

Jill said...

OMG!!!! That rabbit is adorable! You are incredibly talented!
Hugs,
Jill

Papillon Bleu said...

Your rabbit is a real star!!!!!

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I love him Kim, he turned out so well! Congratulations. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite stories. :)
Maia

beyondbaffled said...

Oh Kim you just made my day!!! My Mom called and said I had a package and I was so excited when I saw your address! Thank you so much for the great minis - they are going to look so good in my saloon!

dale said...

He is absolutely adorable!

I love his outfit. :)

Lize said...

Such a cute little rabbit and what a handsome coat he wears!

Jenny said...

This is soooo great! You are so creative!

Jean Day said...

Love your background and White Rabbit... I hope he won't be late!

Kim said...

Thank you everyone- Soon I will have overdosed everyone on needle felting! It is sooo fun to do though! I hope if anyone goes to see the movie they will post about it on their blog...I am itching to go but looks like I may have to go alone- hubby is not looking too enthusiastic about it :)

Pandora said...

The white rabbit is adorable :-)

Pan
http://smallstuff-blogspot.blogspot.com/

lorencel said...

i love this rabbit!
congratulatons!!

jojo-caramel said...

Your little white rabbit is so cute ♥

julietk said...

You little Rabbit is sweet and so well dressed :-)

Dawn said...

Just lve your White rabbit, and the background really sets the scene.
You've got me wanting to get my felting needle back out.

C. said...

LOVE the background and the rabbit is pretty cool,too!