Monday, February 22, 2010

Where do the weekends go???

I am always amazed at  how quickly my weekend disappears. I spent a little time helping my hubby finish laying down new carpet in our bedroom and then I made a skirt for the bottom of the bed- it's attached with velcro to the back side of the logs so I can take it off to wash it, but I don't have to try to get it out of underneath our King size mattress each time.  The carpet is nothing special- but it was only $60 to do our entire room, and at this point we could use the savings --and only the hubby and I see it.  I am so happy about it- the old carpet must have been as old as the house, and it was disgusting when we pulled it up.  Here's a little peek:
 

I did a little landscaping on Bernard's house.  Thank you to everyone for the tip to look at the hobby store- we used model railroad landscaping to cover the bright green felt- I think it looks a lot better.


The best part of the weekend was fun mail goodies.  Mel from Less Apathy More Cake sent me a little treat for being one of the first people to sign up for her Valentines Day card swap- Melanye made the heart  magnet and I think it is just the cutest thing around!  Thank you Melanye- you really made my day!!!  Thanks again for hosting such a fun swap too!!!

9 comments:

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I love the velcro idea!
Very pretty landscaping. :)

sunshine said...

Everything looks great!

"Where do the weekends go???"
I think I ate this one. :P

((Hugs))
laura

Kim said...

Thank you Maia!!!

Laura- oh girl! Did you have a vegetable in there somewhere? If you cook a cake into the shape of broccoli that does not count. Hope this week is going better- big hugs to you sweetie!!♥♥♥♥♥

Peach Blossom Hill said...

I always wonder how the weekends can speed by so quickly! Great idea about the landscaping material for Bernard's house and I like your new carpet. We bought our bedroom carpet at a local mill store. They manufacture carpet for mainly commercial use, airplanes and stores but we found a pretty allover ecru. Now, of course, 10 years later, it could use replacing as well but not in the budget anytime soon!

Jody

Caseymini said...

Weekend? What weekend? There was a weekend?????

julia said...

What a great idea of attaching your bedskirt with velcro to the bed itself. I may just have to copy that idea!! Ours will never stay in place.
The little house looks so pretty!

Briarwood Miniatures said...

Everything in *both* houses looks great.

Weekends are only a figment of our imaginations. :)

Cia

Jenny said...

What a clever girl you are...the velcro is brilliant!

Melanye K. said...

glad you like the goodies!!! i looveee the magnets so much i'm making more for my fridge ;)