Saturday, February 20, 2010

Project of the Week

This week for my project of the week I choose to play with beads.  I followed a tutorial from Casey at Casey's Minis (that link will take you to the tutorial).  I had fun with this- the bottle is only about 3 inches high.  I learned I need to pull the thread tighter as I go, and I also learned that if the bottle is straight I am better off not messing with increasing or decreasing the number of beads.  I really had fun with this tutorial because I think that I will be using this technique again on other projects- thanks for a great tutorial Casey!!

8 comments:

Zlatica said...

Oh, Kim, this is so beautiful! You are very artful!

Caseymini said...

Very cool, Kim! You got the hang of it fast. I was beading my tweezers this evening when I took a break and saw this.Keep up the good work!

sunshine said...

That is REALLY pretty Kim! I love it.

(Hugs)
Laura

Melanie Farrell said...

That is so pretty! Even better that it's small :) Love it!

beyondbaffled said...

Looks great!

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Very pretty! I have tons of beads and should do something with them besides just collect them.

There is an award for you on my blog so hope you'll drop by and pick it up and pass it on!

Jody

Caseymini said...

Kim, there is an award awaiting you over at my blog. Please come collect it.

Jenny said...

That looks like such a beautiful embellishment!