Friday, February 26, 2010

Project of the Week of February 26th

This weekend I will be helping my Mother-In-Law move into her new apartment so I thought I better get my project of the week up in case I am exhausted tomorrow.  At christmas De from http://delightfulminis.blogspot.com posted the sweetest christmas tree made from pipe cleaners and generously posted instructions on how to make one.  Her original tutorial is in natural green- but after seeing the silver tree she posted a little while later I knew that would be the perfect tree for my dollhouse bakery.  Here are De's original instructions- this is a link to the first part and then she has 2 posts after this one that further explain the technique:  http://delightfulminis.blogspot.com/2009/12/pipe-cleaner-tree-tutorial-part-1.html
 http://delightfulminis.blogspot.com/2009/12/pipe-cleaner-tree-tutorial-part-2.html  and  http://delightfulminis.blogspot.com/2009/12/pipe-cleaner-tree-tutorial-part-3.html

Here is a picture of De's silver tree that I admired sooo much:  http://delightfulminis.blogspot.com/2009/12/aluminum-christmas-tree.html

and......here is my tree- I had to try it out in the bakery.  I think I left the branches way too long and I need to trim them up a bit- but I was scared of cutting them too short- better to be able to cut away then try to add back :)  Thank you so much for the great tutorial De!!!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
 
 

15 comments:

De said...

You are very welcome, Kim. Your tree looks great! I can't wait to see it all decorated next Christmas.

beyondbaffled said...

Gorgeous! And I love silver!

Claudia said...

Adorable! I love it.

xo
Claudia

C. said...

Hi Kim, just stopping by your blog. Love the bakery- I want to live there!

Roberta said...

Your bakery is very lovely, I like it so much!!!!
The tree is great...we wait decorations!!!
Hug Roberta

Melanye K. said...

that is so cute!!!! love it :D i need to make a Gaga sized tree like yours. That would be so cute! :D

Jean Day said...

I love your tree! It will be so much fun to decorate!

Jill said...

Love the silver-- it reminds me of those fun retro aluminum christmas trees!
Hugs,
Jill

Debbie said...

Your Tree looks fabulous, I wouldn't trim it I think it looks great the way it is.

sunshine said...

Is it okay if I move into your Dollhouse community?
I really want to hang out there.

The tree looks awesome! Great job.

((Hugs))
Laura

AminaShk said...

Love that tree.
I have an award for you on my blog :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Totally amazing! This type of tree looks better in mini form. Can't wait to see it dressed up too.

Kim said...

Thanks everyone! De's instructions made it pretty easy :) I hope to make all kinds of "sweets" ornaments for it for next christmas :)

Hi C.! Glad you popped over!! I think I will come visit you now!

Papillon Bleu said...

This is such an adorable tree!
It is going to be fun making the tiny sweets ornaments.
:)

Jenny said...

This is wonderful. I'm going to send this link to my daughter. She would love making this! Thank you for sharing.