Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!!!  I did a bit of work on the flower shop and bakery dollhouse for Valentines day- I didn't finish, but there is always next year :)  If you are late getting something for your sweetie please stop in- Rose and Hans would be happy to help you find the perfect gift!

First is the bakery- there a couple heart shaped cakes made from paperclay that I have not decorated yet.  Much of the cupcakes and cookies are made from my friend Cathy from http://thefabulousfarmhouse.com/ and a lot of the cakes are made from my friend Patricia from http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com .  I made the new stands in front of the counter from chess pieces, wooden candle cups and poker chips.  I'm going to try my hand at making some polymer clay canes to decorate the paper clay hearts later this week.
 
  

Here's the flower shop.  The bears in the front window are a Hallmark ornament.  I pried off the storybook they were holding and replaced it with a heart.  Maia's doll is on the front counter- someone already wants to take her home for his Valentine!

 
  



9 comments:

beyondbaffled said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the way you decorated your stores!

thefabulousfarmhouse said...

You're so awesome Kim. I love it, and I want to shrink up and go hang out in it. I haven't had time to look at my favorite blogs in weeks, and here I go today for the first time and see you've posted about me and Patricia, and it's so very sweet of you. Happy Valentine's Day to you too. Thank you for being so gracious. Hugs, Cathy

Arantxa said...

Happy Valentine's day!!

I like so much your store

Zlatica said...

Great decorations in your mini world, as always...
And I love the doll from your previous post.
Happy Valentine´s Day to you, Kim.

Tiffany said...

Looks beautiful, Kim! Happy Valentine's Day to you, my friend. :)

kimsminiatures said...

Wonderful bakery and flower shop Kim! I love Cathy's work too! She is a good friend. Happy Valentines day! Hugs~ Kim

kibbygirl said...

Happy valentines day Kim! Your shop looks wonderful.

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

Happy Valentine's Day Kim! I'm so happy you like your little doll. Seeing her in her new home was my Valentine's Day present. :)

I really like the way you decorated your scenes, it's so much fun how you create special items for the holidays!

Maia

Deni said...

Oh I luv your stores too Kim they are gorgeous very pretty!