Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is France to You?

My wonderful friend Patricia at http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com has reached 100 followers and her 100th follower is French- just like Patricia!  In honor of this Patricia asks us in her blog.....What is France to You?

I had to sit and think about this question for awhile.  I have not traveled many places and I have never been to France.  I have never even left the United States except one trip to Canada that I don't remember when I was 3 years old!   .  France makes my mind think of beauty and breath taking architecture and bold vibrant colors and food and art!  France makes me think of beautiful clothes- dripping with exquisite detail. Rolling green countrysides, cute little cottages with sweet wooden doors and little knot herb gardens.   I think of food that has more to do with quality and taste than it does with quantity.  I  have no idea if any of the things that pop into my head are close to being accurate- but the question was what is France to you- and when I really take the time to think about  it- those are the things I wrote down.
However.....after writing this down and feeling quite silly because I am writing down things that pop into my head about a place I have never been to ---I suddenly had the most important thought of all.  France- to me- is a sweet, kind friend that I had the good fortune to meet through blogging.  France is adorable little dolls, sweet little cakes and pastries lovingly hand made for the dolls and magical stories that bring you into the dolls world.  France- to me- is my dear sweet friend Patricia from Papillon Bleu and her magical world she shares with all of us- so France now has a special place in my heart because of her.  Thank you Patricia :)  I'm sure you will soon have 100 more followers because everyone needs some magic in their life ♥


8 comments:

sunshine said...

What a sweet post! I loved it! I would love to see France someday.

Now, what's this about you being in Canada when we were 3 and you didn't visit me????
I think it's time you came back. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

well- you know- my Father was driving- what could I do? I totally think I should come back too- but I'd need a passport. I bet it's only about 4 or 5 hours to the border from my house :)

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I loved your post Kim! And the ideas that popped into your head are a wonderful description too. :)
Maia

AminaShk said...

I never thought of France before but now I have an image to go with it and it makes me want to add visiting France to my 'must see' places. I love this post.

Cia said...

Hi, Kim. Had to stop in and say hello after you were so nice to visit my blog today (via ATM). It's lovely here. :) I've made sure to follow!

Papillon Bleu said...

Awwwwwwwww Kim....What a sweet post full of so much tenderness.
You know, if you want to go to France, I will be pleased to guide you in some places you would never go to with a tourist tour.
Also, it is fantastic to see everything everybody has written because even if you haven't been there, there is so much to discover about France throught all their posts.
I've never been to the U.S.A and yet I have studied a lot about Amercican geography and history during 3 long years.Nothing made me want to go.Now I want to go there because I want to see you Kim!And I know I will one day.

dale said...

Kim, you are so sweet. Really. :)

What a wonderful post. I've been to France and I think you're pretty close on the mark there. The food is so good, because everything is fresh and they don't use preservatives like we do here. Even their frozen food is to die for. ;) The architecture in Paris is unbelieveable where ever you look. I'll stop now, before I've created a post in your comment section. ;)

Kim said...

Thank you all! I was nervous about this post having never been to France! Sometimes you have a vision in your head and then you find out it is not reality at all! Patricia- how I would love to visit France someday- I will not say I won't because sometimes unexpected magical things happen- you never know! Thank you for your sweet words to me- if you ever come to the U.S. you must come to Minnesota in the summer- that is when it is the best :) I have enjoyed reading all the different posts also! Makes a person feel almost as if they have visited!