Saturday, January 23, 2010

Project of the Week

This week I choose a tutorial from Casey's blog http://caseymini.blogspot.com .  Casey made a miniature sewing basket modeled after a life size basket she had recently purchased.  You can find Casey's post here:  http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2010/01/tessies-sewing-box-two.html  and while you are there you should take a look around- Casey is very generous and has lots of tutorials on how she has made her creations.  I am not perfectly happy with this one, but I like it enough for my first try and I think with practice I can get better.  I forgot to add the little beads on the lids- but I remembered to put a little sewing project in progress in one side




Thank you Casey for the instructions!  Next week I am doing a project from the book "Fleece Dog-A Little Bit of Magic Created With Raw Wool and a Special Needle".    I've had the book for awhile and just now decided to stop thinking it was too hard, buy some wool and go for it.  I'm going to try to make a doggy friend for my Amelie doll :)

10 comments:

beyondbaffled said...

I think you did a great job Kim! I saw that post from Casey as well, was it pretty easy? I'm kind of wanting to try it too :)

A. Wright said...

I also eyed that project and put it on my to do list. Yours turned out great.

Meli said...

Lovely work Kim!!!
Meli

Deni said...

Well Kim it looks 100% better than mine turned out!!
It is really nice so cute
I couldn't get the rounded ends nice and curved but I should have used the sandpaper!
Never mind I will make one again! Often it is my second go that turns out much better than the first

sunshine said...

That looks really good! And Cute!
I can't believe all the things that you can make in mini's.

((Hugs))
Laura

Caseymini said...

Kim! Yours is the first one that I have seen made from my tutorial. It looks really good. It's not to late to add the beads. Keep up the good work!

julia said...

Goodness, you can make anything in miniature. That's not easy to do!

Papillon Bleu said...

Hi Kim!
I have finally found a solution. So people can leave a comment again!phew...

Your little basket is wonderful Kim! you must have been so excited once you'd finished.

Kim said...

Thank you all!! I am really digging this project of the week because usually I would see something I want to try, but never get back to it. Now I am sort of "forced" to find the time to do them and I am having lots of fun!! Jessie- it was not that hard- I think my next time around I would be a bit more careful and try to get a bit more realistic, but I figure I am learning as I go so that is a good thing! Casey gives wonderful instructions!

Jenny said...

Wow, even with great directions my stuff never, ever turns out exactly right. Looks like you did a great job!