Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends!!!  As usual, I was asleep way before the clock hit the New Year :)  I look forward to spending the day thinking about my goals and resolutions for 2010.  More excercise, less fast food- those are a given of course.  I'm toying with an idea I have played with before.  I have a TON of craft books that are full of projects I have not tried.  I am thinking I might try to do a different project out of one of the books for each week of 2010.  I have tried each day before and could not stick to it- so I am thinking a week would be a better time frame to attempt.  I'm going to spend part of today picking out a project for the first week of 2010!

In other news, I have a new friend to share with all of you today.  As Christmas grew closer I succumbed to the little devil on my shoulder and bought a new doll from Patricia at http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com to add to my little family!  I kept checking Papillon Bleu's etsy shop to see if she had sold every day- finally I could stand it no more!  I am pleased to introduce you to Amelie!!  I am so in love with her! She is only about 5 inches tall!  Patricia sent her flying across the waters in her very own suitcase and lots of sweet treats to keep up her strength while traveling, and share with her new friends too!  Bernard and Lester are already wondering what kind of house she will be getting!  I guess I have more than enough projects to keep me busy now :)  I'm off to do something with my hair and do a quick vacuum- my Mother-In-Law is coming for the day and I doubt she wants to see me in my p.j.'s.  Have a wonderful day!!

PS- If you have time you should really click on over to Patricia's blog and take a look at her new video- it is so wonderful and is sure to make you smile :)



 

 


15 comments:

Papillon Bleu said...

Kim, it is so good to see her with her new friends.They seem to be getting on well already. Lovely tea set by the way.
Thank you for your nice post.
I love the pictures!

Kim said...

Patricia!! I love your profile picture :) I just popped online real quick before my Mother In Law came because I realized I spelled Amelie's name wrong- but you got here to quick and found me out! I love her so- I have plans for a house for her-I have to finish Bernard's house first- but she has sparked my muse!!! Big hugs!!!!

sunshine said...

Love Amelie! She's so beautiful.
I can't wait to see your new crafts that you do each week.
I was toying with something similar but on the cooking front.
A new recipe each week.
Just call me Julia Child! :D

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

Laura- that is a fantastic idea! I love your cooking posts! All right Julia- let's do it!!

Hope your day was less eventful- hugs girl!!

thefabulousfarmhouse said...

Amelie is precious and looks happy and content:) Throw me in a trunk with sweets and send me overseas, please!

Dani said...

She is beautiful Kim, luck you to have such a beauty in the house ;), seems that the little bears like her too :), took a look at her site and what a wonderful world there !!...feels so good that i'm not the only adult child here haha...tea and sweets let all dream away ....shall we have a tea party ?? xx Dani

Melanye said...

how beautiful she is!!! good luck with all of your 2010 goals! I can't wait to see what you do this year :D

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

Happy New Year Kim!
Wow, a project a week is a great resolution! What did you pick for this first week? :)
I love your little doll!
Maia

sunshine said...

La, la, la... just passing through.
Thought I'd say hello!! :D

((Hugs))
laura

Kim said...

Cathy- me too! do you think we could convince someone to do that for us? I would prefer to be sent somewhere overseas that is warm right now please!

Dani- big hugs my dreaming friend!!

Mel- let's see how well I do! Thank you- best wishes for your goals too!

Maia- Thank you! I choose a book called "Taking Flight" by Kelly Rae Roberts. I am working furiously each night after work on the first project in the book- hope I finish and blog about it by the end of the week! If I don't finish I am going to blog about how far I got on it and not worry- it's all about trying our best, right?

Laura- hugs back chickie!!!!

Jenny said...

She is totally adorable! Oh, if I ever get a bit of money I may have to wander over there... but still doing the after Christmas budget! Neat Blog! I am your newest follower!

Kim said...

Jenny- I read your blog too- you are such a good writer and so funny! Thank you for visiting me- I'll do a proper welcome soon- falling a bit behind this week because work has been so busy for me! Thank you for your sweet comment♥

Ara said...

She's wonderful Kim!! you have the same issue as I do! So many projects going yet there are so many we still want to do! I know you'll make a wonderful place for Amelie! hugs, ara

Mona Vara said...

What a lovely happy place you have here in blogland! I look forward to visiting often.
Best wishes,
Birdie

cockerina said...

Kim hello how are you?? You have spent good holidays?
I went from your blog to wish you a happy New Year!
Caterina