Monday, December 28, 2009

Rosanna's Christmas Swap!!

The other miniatures swap that I signed up for was held by Rosanna from http://lastanzadigiuggiola.blogspot.com

Many, many thanks to Rosanna for including me in this swap and all the hard work she has done organizing it.

I was to send to Sabiha from http://sabsminiinteriors.blogspot.com  This made me a bit nervous because Sabiha creates exquisite miniatures, but I decided to do my best -put my heart into it - try as hard as I could and not  be too nervous about it all.  We were to do something in colors other than red and green and send the item in an unusual container.  Here is what I sent- I was able to go down a size in stitiching- still not teeny tiny stitches- but I am getting closer!  I painted the box that I tucked the swap items into- I cheated just a touch as there is some green on the box :)



Now........on to the wonderful, fantastic and amazing item I received from Sandra at http://towerhousedolls.blogspot.com  Sandra sent me one of her little dollies and I have to say that I am sooo excited to have a piece of her artwork in my dollhouse.  It is truly a work of art- pictures cannot even come close to how wonderful this little doll is.  I keep taking her out of the little box and turning her over to look at more details.  Her little legs even have netted stockings!!!  Thank you so much Sandra- I am so in love with her and I will treasure her always!  Here are the links to Sandra's shops if you feel like you must own one of these dollies too!  Believe me, they are amazing!  While you are there you can check out the other fab mini toys she creates!
http://diminutivedolls.co.uk/shop/  (a side note here to my friend Patricia- you must go and look at the toy theatre on her home page here- you will be amazed!  It made me think of you!)   and    http://diminutivedolls.co.uk/shop/
 
 






11 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh my gosh, that doll is absolutely amazing! No wonder you keep looking at it!

BTW, your items for Sabs are just beautiful!

xoxo
Claudia

Jill said...

I love those trees that you sent Sabs-- and those stockings are wonderful! (I'm lucky enough to have one of your stockings, and I LOVE it!)
That doll is so beautiful- so amazing!
Hugs,
Jill

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I like the gifts you made very much! And what a beautiful present you received! I really enjoyed this swap.
Maia

kibbygirl said...

Wow Kim.. I love the items you made!!

Melanye K. said...

WOW! Great swap, everything sis o beautiful :D I absolutely love a good swap don't you?? Hmmm maybe I'll organize one on my blog soon? Another thing to add to the already-to-long "to do" list ;)

rosanna said...

Kim, I'm so glad you enjoied it. I knew you'd fell in love with the doll! best wishes Rosanna

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Rosanna got together a fantastic swap. I should have joined in but worried i wouldnt have the time.
Love your gifts, they are are beautiful!
Nikki xxx

Papillon Bleu said...

He!he!
I went to see the little theatre! WOW! it is so amazing!
I am playing a bit with my big one at the moment because I am preparing the next story. It seems boring now that I've seen this mini one!
The items you have prepared for your swap are really nice. I still don't know how you make such tiny stiches! Sometimes I look so closely at the tea cosy you've sent and am still very impressed.
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hugs to you!

julia said...

Happy 2010! I can't wait to see all of your creations over the next 12 months!

Kim said...

Thank you all for your comments- this swap was so fun!! I forgot to post- my hubby and I bleached and re-colored those little bottle brush trees- it was pretty easy to do and they take the color pretty well! Mel- if you do a swap be sure to count me in! How about for Valentines day?? hint, hint, nudge, push :)

Patricia- I knew you would love that theatre- so wonderful, isn't it? What an incredible artist she is!

miniaturist59 said...

What a wonderful swap, Kim!!! Love the things you made and I love the dolly, too :-D!!