Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas preperations continue

The decorating for Christmas continues at the flower shop.  Rose and Hans live above the shops and they have been wrapping presents for under the tree.

Today while I was visiting Maia's blog at http://maiastwinkleminiatures.blogspot.com she reminded me that I had forgotten to keep checking back at the AIM Advent Calender. Different miniature artists have created tutorials to open each day during the holidays leading up to the 25th. If you are interested in dollhouse miniatures you can check it out here:  http://www.artisansinminiature.com/photo_25.html

Maia has a project behind door number 15.  I decided to try it out tonight- it is a pattern for a gift box and a holiday tissue box.  I made a few extra presents while I was at it to fill in under the tree a bit more.  Maia's cute patterns are on the right side of the picture.


 




 

I am soooo in love with the little tissue box- so cute!!  Thank you to AIM and to Maia for the tutorial!!! 

9 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Adorable presents and tissue box. Your house is so cute decorated for Christmas. Mini hugs~ Kim

Melanie Farrell said...

Thanks for sharing that link! The boxes are adorable.

Katie said...

"It's begining to look a lot like Christmas".....the packages look great!!

But, Hey....um.....that tree's a little naked ya know??? Wonder what I can do about that?? If you happen to get anything in the mail in the next few days, it's for you to open now....don't wait till Christmas, OK?! :)

I hung my angel by the front door....I think she may end up staying there all year! I really, really like her:)

Katie

sunshine said...

Awww! So cute! It's come along so nicely.
Love those gifts!

((Hugs))
Laura

MiniKat said...

Wow! I've been out of the loop for a while. Love this project. Just went and poked around all of them. Thanks for sharing the link! :-)

kathi said...

Your house looks so cute. Love the little presents and the tissue box.
I forgot to check AIM this month!
I'm off to find those tutorials...

Minna said...

Merry Christmas Kim! I will write you a "proper" e-email during the holidays!

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

Oh, how exciting! I'm so happy you made the boxes, thank you for sharing the pictures. :)
Your house looks so beautiful! And Jodi's swan looks really nice too!
Maia

Kim said...

Thank you everyone!! Maia- thank you so much- it was such fun to take a break and play with my dollhouse for awhile! I loved your project- I soooo love the little tissue box!